Modern Gretsch Guitars

Need a HSC for a G5135 CVT

I asked this once before, but didn't get any definitive answers. Having decided the CVT is a truly awesome guitar I'd like to get a hard shell case to protect its awesomeness.

i assume an SG case wouldn't work. not the best solution, but if all else fails you could always use a Fender case...i'd wager that a Mustang/Jaguar case would work. Strat cases are always my fallback option for non-conventional guitars.

it would probably help to measure the guitar's dimensions, particularly the upper bout, waist, and lower bout. many case makers give the inside dimensions of the case. with the instrument's dimensions i was able to fit the Dobro i used to have to, of all things, a hardshell classical case.

sorry if this is all stuff you already knew...just trying to help.

You could also consider looking for a Baldwin era solid body guitar case. I got one at a reasonable price (sometimes they’re high). It is a few inches shorter than the hard case for my JazzMaster clone and actually just fits in the overhead on planes.

All of these replies have been helpful. I recall seeing the case in the Cream City in a thread here about CVTs a while back, but could never get info on it. That's a great lead. The photo of the G Love case looks a lot like a case I have for a Tele, so I'll be checking that out as well.

Thanks to all.

If you know of other options please share.

Derailing, but what case does a BillyBo fit in?

Edit: never mind. I found it.

Most (but not all) Tele cases work just fine for a Corvette. That's what I have, a G & G made case.

Are you looking for the blond Gretsch case with the green ends that they made specifically for the Corvette? Was the blond one just made for the G Love?

Are you looking for the blond Gretsch case with the green ends that they made specifically for the Corvette? Was the blond one just made for the G Love?

– BuckyBoy

Yes, that one was special for the G Love, with its green and cream theme.

I may have discovered the solution right under my nose. I have used the case shown below for a Jazzmaster, a Jaguar and a Dano DC 12. So I pulled out the current resident (the Dano) and it's a good fit for the CVT. I might need to put a towel or some other padding between the body of the guitar and the case divider, but otherwise it's a perfect fit. The case is made by a company named Access. The model is not shown anywhere on the case, but I can dig through my records if anyone is interested.

I may have discovered the solution right under my nose. I have used the case shown below for a Jazzmaster, a Jaguar and a Dano DC 12. So I pulled out the current resident (the Dano) and it's a good fit for the CVT. I might need to put a towel or some other padding between the body of the guitar and the case divider, but otherwise it's a perfect fit. The case is made by a company named Access. The model is not shown anywhere on the case, but I can dig through my records if anyone is interested.

– Caliban335

That looks like a really good fit.

Well done. Looks like a nice case.

Looks like you found a solution. I came across this one on eBay several years ago and picked it up. Had no idea what it was but I had not seen a Gretsch case like this before and figured I could find a use for it one day but have not found one yet. Anyway, if you decide you want this particular case let me know. I was not planning on selling it but I know what it is like when you are looking for an elusive piece of gear and since I am not using it I figure I could help out a fellow GP user. I think I paid around $200 for it including shipping (it is a G&G case after all ) so I would just want to get out what I have in it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation