Modern Gretsch Guitars

Hey don’t jack on my Bigsby!

I’m always eager to put one of my guitars in someone else’s hands and listen to them enjoy it but literally everytime I hand my Gretsch over I’m horrified how so many will start jacking the Bigsby as if it were a Floyd Rose or an ordinary tire jack.

I’m all that’s not how you do it. Note Eddie Van Halen did NOT use a Bigsby

Anyhow..last night was one of those occassions. Luckily no Bigsby was hurt

After playing Jazzmaster or similar guitars and then jumping back onto my Gretsch I grab the Bigsby handle and go, "What the hell?" LOL

They're just such different beasts.

It's not too bad if they dive bomb it, the problem is when they pull on it and the spring falls out.

The 'oh sh!t I just wrecked someones 3 grand guitar' face is sometimes worth it though.

The only one I'd let work a Bigsby that way would be Duane Eddy.

And he's got his own guitar!

The thing I love about Bigsbys is that, in my mind, they're made for a gentle touch. Just a little wiggle gives your sound so much.

I'll wait for NJBob's jokes.

It's not too bad if they dive bomb it, the problem is when they pull on it and the spring falls out.

The 'oh sh!t I just wrecked someones 3 grand guitar' face is sometimes worth it though.

– Gerry Ratrod

This. Exactly

A bigsby does warrant a certain amount of finesse

The only one I'd let work a Bigsby that way would be Duane Eddy.

And he's got his own guitar!

The thing I love about Bigsbys is that, in my mind, they're made for a gentle touch. Just a little wiggle gives your sound so much.

I'll wait for NJBob's jokes.

– crowbone

My wife doesn’t fall for the ‘just a little wiggle’ line anymore.

One benefit of being a left hand player! Not many people ask to pick up my guitars.

Register Sign in to join the conversation