Modern Gretsch Guitars

Here’s a CS model that turns my crank!!

I have a Penguin with the cat's eye, and I like it. Not sure what it does to the amplified tone, but it is louder unplugged than one without the hole

– TommyTourbus

have a Penguin with the cat's eye, and I like it. Not sure what it does to the amplified tone, but it is louder unplugged than one without the hole <

I love that!

Me too. Is it dark Caddy green, or black?

– Afire

Officially they called it "British Racing Green". It actually looks black in regular room lighting. The green isn't visible to me unless I have the right kind of light on it, like daylight. Then you can see a light overspray of metallic green over what looks like standard black paint. Anyway, here's a full body pic:

Big tip of the hat to Ed for starting this thread, 'cause I'd never have seen this. Wow. The dark Caddy Green, worn gold/brass and the tort binding are gorgeous. Please feel free to post more pics.

– lx

To me this looks more like an aged black with gold sparkle binding but nevertheless a beauty worth seeing more pictures. But a darker aged green with tortoise binding sounds tasty as well.

I like the blue Penguin, but that green one, WOW!

– Baba Joe

The blue one from the original post isn't a Penguin... which is why I like it better.

The blue one from the original post isn't a Penguin... which is why I like it better.

– kc_eddie_b

My mistake. I still like it.

I agree, people pay stupid money on goodwill.com

– WinnieThomas

I almost posted that one when she came up but I've sworn to quit that.

yeah, that green penguin is pretty sweet. british racing green, huh? and though i'd like to see a little more space for it, or maybe have it scaled down a little (i don't know), the cat's eye works a little better on that. maybe it's the whole penguin thing with the arm rest that pulls it together.

actually the more i look at it, the more i come around. i'd take it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation