Modern Gretsch Guitars

Have my eye on one of these,…Gretsch G6122-12

Been wanting one of these for a verylong time,....

Karl

They're a production guitar now, but were pretty rare for a while. I bought mine when there were like 22 or so in existence.

They are a completely different animal in feel and tone from the 6075.

I don't know if those are still available in the natural finish, however, Karl. That natural finish came and went seemingly overnight. It was in the production lineup for about a year. If you are looking to get a Nez connection going, you are going to have to do it with this:

I think they should make it available in blonde only.

I don't know if those are still available in the natural finish, however, Karl. That natural finish came and went seemingly overnight. It was in the production lineup for about a year. If you are looking to get a Nez connection going, you are going to have to do it with this:

– Ric12string

i played one of these about 4 years ago and it was magical... to expensive for me but it was an amazing guitar

Ric12String, Got a line on one nearby here, and the price is too hard to pass up. I always loved the Blonde 6076-12 Nesmith had, and this will be one I have always wanted,

Karl

i'd prefer a non blonde option, myself. but its way out of my price range and i would never ever use it. though i love it truly and dearly, my acoustic 12 doesn't get much use, so i doubt this would, too. just not my sound, i guess :(

Those are attractive guitars, but the 1 11/16" nut is just too narrow for my liking (as are all Rickenbacker 12s). Maybe I'm just too used to wide nut acoustic 12 strings.

I'd love one! Its a pity they don't make it with the Shark fin inlays like Mikes original.

I like the natural finish, I used to have an Alden 12 which looked a bit like this but seemed to have more of a Rickenbacker sound.

I have seen this as to order only availability in the UK, I guess they are not that popular, but I do like 12's and have a Tanglewood acoustic 12 which sounds great when you play open chords up the neck.

Matt66

I know those inlays look really good on his original 6076. My '67 6075 has them, awesome guitar. I have always loved the look of the Natural 6076-12 that Mike Nesmith has, I have one of the new 5422 6 Strings with the natural look, but that was just to hold me over until I found one of these although the 5422 looks just as great I only wish it had thumbnail inlays instead of the block inlays,

Karl

just get the Eastwood Classic 12

I wonder if these are neck heavy. The 6122-1962 is on the verge of it, so do the extra tuners tip it?

Well if the local one doesn't work out, SJB66, there are 9 of them on reverb.com right now, one of them, though used, is only $1599. Sorta makes me tempted. As for new ones, Chicago Music Exchange has one, Rocky's got one, and I saw one on the wall at TrueTone the other day.

Register Sign in to join the conversation