Modern Gretsch Guitars

Gretsch Script Logo

Can anyone point me to a large, Hi-Resolution image of the Gretsch Script logo?

Thanks,

Steve

You might get lucky asking GDP member Paul Setzer. setzersigns at gmail dot com

I would think the script logo artwork would appear in an old catalog or ad - but in a quick search I didn’t see it. (Despite Gretsch’s many logo variations.)

A couple years ago (on a whim) I bought an inlay of the Gretsch scripty logo from an EBay seller in Russia of all places. It was only a few bucks and I half expected to never see anything for it. But... the inlay showed up! It’s thicker than I had imagined, but dead-nuts accurate (compared to my vintage Scripty Jet). I grabbed it thinking that FMIC/Gretsch was never going to reissue that headstock and assumed that someday I would have a project to apply it to. So I was apparently wrong on both fronts. I can’t recall anything about the seller other than he was located in Russia... but there was NO collusion!!

Ed, do you still have it? Do you have a Scanner? With a 300 dpi scan I can make a vector graphic that is infinitely scalable.

No scanner

– kc_eddie_b

Luddite

Rats. Can you get a decent picture of it?

Ed I could scan it

I'm still unpacking from my recent relo.... let me see if I can dig it up. It's in one of these boxes, I just know it...

I’ve got a file or two created

Good... because I now appreciate that I should have taken more time more clearly mark what’s inside of each of the boxes I moved in!

I took a photo of a script logo from the internet and turned it into a vector (Illustrator) graphic and rendered it to a large (high res) PSD, PNG or jpeg file. If you want one, PM me.

Mines a little fatter...fuller

photo Gretsch-Synchromatic-logo.jpg

I took a photo of a script logo from the internet and turned it into a vector (Illustrator) graphic and rendered it to a large (high res) PSD, PNG or jpeg file. If you want one, PM me.

– Bob Howard

Thanks a lot for your work, this will be the vector for my next t-shirt print!

Here's a straight-on photo from a 1953 Duo Jet.

Here’s what I made mine from.

Register Sign in to join the conversation