Modern Gretsch Guitars

Gretsch Jumbo Acoustics

Here are my Gretsch G3700 Sierras-Electric/Acoustics, the 6 and the 12-strings. Gretsch acoustics don't seem to get much love here, but I like mine just fine.

I did not like the "bean-shaped" pickguards, so I made my own.

Clearly I like to personalize my guitars.

...------

Very nice. Are those watermark film?

These are photos off my mobile phone loaded to Imgur.com.

I learned recently that if you load pictures to a platform, you can direct link/paste them directly in your post, and they will appear.

I read a few times that some Gretsch players don't care for Gretsch acoustics. They prefer their Martins and Taylors, but these suit me just fine!

...------

Hot Rod Walt and a few others would disagree. I love the Gretsch acoustics. Karolyn has one of the Orchestra models and it's wonderful. I'd love to have a jumbo Rancher.

I was actually asking about the stickers.

I love my Gretsch acoustics.

This one is one of my primary gigging instruments. I've played more gigs with this one than with all my other Gretsch guitars combined.

I love my Gretsch acoustics.

This one is one of my primary gigging instruments. I've played more gigs with this one than with all my other Gretsch guitars combined.

– Tartan Phantom

How 'bout your pretty Synchro?

How 'bout your pretty Synchro?

– Windsordave

I usually don't gig with it, except for unplugged acoustic sessions and recording.

I hope I don't sound ignorant. I'm from western new york. Is that a Mohawk and Wolf? Representing the Iroquois?

My daughter has a 5022 White Falcon Rancher. I play it more than she does. I don’t have much experience with acoustic guitars but like the neck and think that it sounds fine.

My lovely black Rancher Falcon sounds quite nice through a PA IMO but I can’t record with it, sadly, because it has a few dead notes.

On the other hand, my Roots Style O is high-strung and it’s irreplaceable in my world.

Mr. 1965, The stickers are just Indian men/logos I bought of ebay. My dad's side is Indian, Apache, and the stickers I chose were because I thought they looked cool, and not for any specific tribe. For the longest time I had a "don't deface my guitars" mentality, but I realized they are just "tools," not idols. Therefore, I have no problem altering a bit, or worrying about scratches and nicks.

All good! IN65

...------

The orange Rancher looks killer Mr. Phantom, and the black ones are nice as well.

...------

Register Sign in to join the conversation