Modern Gretsch Guitars

Gretsch Jumbo acoustics (deciding, help a brother out)

Besides the "bling", is there any other real differences between the Savannah Red and the White Falcon Rancher models?

I'm looking for a songwriting tool. something with that Gretsch tone. I understand that even the Jumbo Gretsch's are a bit thin unplugged (comparatively) but thats ok if they are super "playable". I think the necks are fast and more like an electric from my own limited experience playing them. do they hold their own plugged in?

Are you happy with yours and which model?

thanks

I wasn't aware that a Gretsch acoustic had a tone/sound that could be called the Gretsch sound the way the electrics have a defined tone associated with Gretsch and their pups. I've only played one acoustic, a vintage one with that odd looking bridge/base. It indeed had a noticeably thin sound.

I guess, more of a "reedy" tone, if you follow?

More interested in the comparisons between the white and orange (sunset) models. I like the idea of the "Falcon" as it is the name of my business, etc and the "over-the-top" looks are fun and inspiring. Just wondering if the 100.00 difference is worth it. Any other differences between the two besides binding and color?

Looking for a very "playable" guitar with a neck closer to my Gretsch electrics. I think either will fit the bill, just deciding between the two.

More interested in the comparisons between the white and orange (sunset) models. I like the idea of the "Falcon" as it is the name of my business, etc and the "over-the-top" looks are fun and inspiring. Just wondering if the 100.00 difference is worth it. Any other differences between the two besides binding and color?

– BirdsNBats

If "birds" are part of your business name, I sure know the one I would go for.

Never had the new red Rancher but I have the Falcon and I’m sure they’re probably the same in tone.I had a bone saddle and pins added and use Ernie Ball AlumBronze strings and it sounds really good unplugged,even better plugged.My son plays it more than I lately and since I just scored a 6022 I plan on just giving to him.

Yeah, I went with the White Falcon Rancher, had to It'll match my white boots and hat (lol).

Register Sign in to join the conversation