Modern Gretsch Guitars

Gretsch JR

OK, I've read those threads which Proteus provided, above, and I'm delighted and intrigued! - I forgot all about those wonderful arch-tops, which I've never met up-close and personal, - unfortunately. - Yeah, those Country Clubs have always attracted me, but for one reason or another I've focused on other hollow-bodies.

It figures that the arch of the arch-top easily takes the pressure of the strings, so the sound-post isn't needed. That's gotta be SSSOOOOOOO COOOOOOOLLLLLL! - Obviously the Resonance Factor is Magnified with Mega-Amplitude!

OK, I guess I gotta sell something to make room for an Arch-Top Country Club. Aren't GreTscHes Grand?! 8-)

Thanks for the Feedback!

Tom - Stingker

But Tom - I love my Anni Jr too!

Great! - Of course you do!

We're on the same (GreTscH ) Page. 8-)

T - the S

@stingker,

pretty sure just posts&bars(i can feel on top) don't see any walfle or curfing have to take another looksy been a while ;-)

Thank you CyclopsSam!

Tom - Stingker

@stingker,

pretty sure just posts&bars(i can feel on top) don't see any walfle or curfing have to take another looksy been a while ;-)

– sam McAfee

....O.K this is what i CAN see don't have a mirror thingy. the sound posts looks like the one in the red rocker photo (resting on rised wood) yes there could be wafling? i just don't see the parallel cuts cuts,horizontal yes.... still no signs of curlfing. one day maybe i'll get a mirror thingy an have another look... pretty sure there's a block end of body supporting the bigsby

Sounds like waffle-bracing. Perhaps it's like the '89 Country Classic I (6122-S) that had the grooves side down, glued to the back, so the smooth side was up.

It's certainly not trestle-bracing. And it's not just a simple sound-post.

Thanks a lot, CyclopsSam

Sounds like waffle-bracing. Perhaps it's like the '89 Country Classic I (6122-S) that had the grooves side down, glued to the back, so the smooth side was up.

Thanks a lot, CyclopsSam

– Stingker

Thanks a lot, CyclopsSam

– Stingker

yer'welcome... :)

Register Sign in to join the conversation