Modern Gretsch Guitars

Gretsch guitars at That Pedal Show

I enjoyed that. And that Limited Edition 6120 with Ray Butts pickups is sure a good looking guitar! Although I must say that I leaned more towards the tone of the Dyna-equipped Duane Eddy 6120 model.

Me too. I always like Filters until I hear a Dynasonic. These guys needed one of us on set as a fact checker, though.

Me too. I always like Filters until I hear a Dynasonic. These guys needed one of us on set as a fact checker, though.

– Bob Howard

Agreed. I also like the Blacktop Filtertrons until I hear a HS filtertron or TV Classic.

That DE was just ear candy every time he picked it up.

– Bob Howard

Well they stumbled about a bit, I didn't notice that they got too much completely wrong. Was it really that bad?

Every time they mentioned Gretsch not having a true solid-bodied guitar I had to look over at my BST and say, "They didn't mean that!" I admit, at times I even forget that it is a Gretsch.

ps- first post. Hi all!

As much as I like Dan and sometimes can bear Mick they do get mighty cringey sometimes. I really struggled with watching their "discussion" of Gretsch guitars. Especially when Mick decides that the Duane Eddy sound is a bridge pickup through a distorting tweed amp. They should do their research before saying things like that.

So I did the sensible thing and switched off.

Register Sign in to join the conversation