Modern Gretsch Guitars

Gretsch Gear of the Year for 2019

Players Edition G6659TFM Broadcaster in the bourbon stain.

(Must choose only one, no more, the man said....)

Doublecut Centerblock Falcon. Probably Black. Probably....

I've already been looking at a Georgia Green 5622t, I'm just not sure which version I want.

I do like the new silver bezels and pickguard over the former antique white ones, but I'm not sure about the Broad'tron pickups over the Super Hilo'trons.
Gretsch justifies the swap as the Broad'trons being more appropriate for that body style. I haven't been in a setting to compare the two, so I don't know that I'd prefer them.

It would be easy and cheap enough to pick up a used of the older version and swap out the bezels and pickguard to my liking, but in the end I may just go with the newer Broad'tron version.

Thankfully, I lust for none of these.

Smoke, but the G5232 double cut in blue is a real close second. Yeah I know...(Must choose only one, no more.)

The 6120T-SW Nashville Gentleman. Having seen and heard Steve Wariner play it at Street Sounds, it is a beautiful guitar.

The 6120T-SW Nashville Gentleman. Having seen and heard Steve Wariner play it at Street Sounds, it is a beautiful guitar.

– Baba Joe

I "second" that motion.

G6120T-SW STEVE WARINER SIGNATURE NASHVILLE® GENTLEMAN

and/or

G5021E-LTD LIMITED EDITION RANCHER™ PENGUIN™ PARLOR

however, I covet the:

G6129T Pearl Jet.

Only one! I don't like this game!

Ok,it's Smoke,cause i'm always in perpetual GAS for 6120's ,always!

Love the new Hot Rods too, but "Smoke" is the winner for me.

Ok, I'll play. The only guitar of real interest to me is probably the least "Gretschy" of the bunch:

G2622TG-P90 LIMITED EDITION STREAMLINER™ CENTER BLOCK P90 WITH BIGSBY® AND GOLD HARDWARE, LAUREL FINGERBOARD, CANDY APPLE RED

Viva La Difference!

I’d also have to go with the Steve Wariner G6120T-SW Nashville Gentleman.

I think I’d go with the Rich Robinson. Yep, I would.

Players Edition G6659TFM Broadcaster in the bourbon stain.

(Must choose only one, no more, the man said....)

– Kevin Frye

A worthy goal!

Register Sign in to join the conversation