Modern Gretsch Guitars

Gretsch Fraud

No Affiliation With Seller.

Oh, no -- they're at it again. Not for weak stomachs.

EDIT: By "them" I meant fraudsters and forgers. This is in no way a disparagement of any national group or identity.

Funny. The seller's location sounds like an admonition:

"China, China, China"

Or a radio ad for auto racing --- "Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! ..."

It's a Gratch!!!! Awesome.

That's not close enough to be fraud.

Put it in the database.

Funny. The seller's location sounds like an admonition:

"China, China, China"

– Rhythmisking

Typical Chinese silly habit of repeating people and animal's names. ie, pandas named Ling Ling and Ming Ming for instance.

Guitar is worth the price of the Bigsby, tuners and switch tips. Burn the rest.

One guitar one Ebay? I'm not impressed. Go to Aliexpress.com, do a search for "Gretsch guitar", and you'll see hundreds of these, from extremely awful to just regular awful. But..... the Billybo knockoffs are looking better and better, I'm considering getting one actually. $300 and free shipping is tempting, leaves room for decent pickups and some fret work.

Typical Chinese silly habit of repeating people and animal's names. ie, pandas named Ling Ling and Ming Ming for instance.

Guitar is worth the price of the Bigsby, tuners and switch tips. Burn the rest.

– Windsordave

I dunno. The Bigsby looks a little hinky to me too.

And what's with the "Made In USA" stamp on the back of the headstock? Could it be that the guitar in the pictures may not be the actual one shipped?? (wish there was an "irony" emoticon....)

Reading the blurb, it says the guy's based in the US but the item is in China. Red flags everywhere. Caveat Emptor!

A few years back the 5AR4 made in China was labelled: "Made in Chian:

Here's one in a special shade of white.

Here's one in a special shade of white.

– Proteus

And that's what the actual guitars look like. Save your money, guys.

Our copyright laws apparently mean nothing outside of our borders. What do you want to be the paint is lead based?

Register Sign in to join the conversation