Modern Gretsch Guitars

Gretsch Found In Wynona’s Big Brown Beaver

By Primus.

I'm thinking this is a Tennessee Rose.

Wondering if it is just a prop in the video because it looks cool, or was it actually used to record the track?

Anyone know?

It's a Van Eps, check out the headstock and pickups.

That's the guitar alright. I must say though that the title of the video could've been worded better.

Hahahaaaaaaaaa. A classic tune!

That's the guitar alright. I must say though that the title of the video could've been worded better.

– Windsordave

That's the name of the song. What should they have called it?

I like the "Mr Krinkle" video better. Primus is brilliant...just a little dark as a steady diet.

That's the name of the song. What should they have called it?

– Baxter

I don't know about the states but most every male in Canada would also jump to the same conclusion about the song/video title. It doesn't even slightly allude to anything else. I happen to think the title is hilarious but haven't anything positive to say beyond that.

If anyone thinks the title is innocuous, I'd say they don't get out much!

I don't know about the states but most every male in Canada would also jump to the same conclusion about the song/video title. It doesn't even slightly allude to anything else. I happen to think the title is hilarious but haven't anything positive to say beyond that.

– Windsordave

Dave, this song is about a girl who's pet is a beaver!!! no innuendo at all. Just like my song "Beaver Fever" is about a serious illness contracted from drinking water downstream from a beaver dam!!!!!

Yeah man, I’m not touchin’ this one.

Dave, this song is about a girl who's pet is a beaver!!! no innuendo at all. Just like my song "Beaver Fever" is about a serious illness contracted from drinking water downstream from a beaver dam!!!!!

– paul pigat

Maybe no innuendo was intended but it's there nonetheless!! Your terrific song Beaver Fever doesn't exactly paint the lurid picture as the title of what I should have said was the title of the thread. I still think the innuendo of the video's title was intentional.....too much of a coincidence.

Contracting a fever from drinking beaver dam water certainly must have been its own nightmare, but so far, I haven't been adversely affected by drinking beaver water, dam or otherwise.

BTW, I'd like to hear your lyrics for that tune of yours!

Canadians are very partial to Beavers, as well as beer as shown in this commercial. This defines innuendo!

I'm really not sure what the complaint is here, Dave. First you said:

I must say though that the title of the video could've been worded better.

And, well, the title of the video is the title of the song. Makes sense.

Then you say

Canada would also jump to the same conclusion about the song/video title. It doesn't even slightly allude to anything else. I happen to think the title is hilarious but haven't anything positive to say beyond that.

So, do you have a problem with the name of the song itself, or with innuendo in song titles, or is your complaint with the song itself?

I don't think anyone would seriously claim that. Most people would recognize it for what it is: one of a VERY long line of rock, blues and pop songs with innuendo with and double entendres in the titles or lyrics. Whether one finds it funny or clever is kind of up to oneself.

I happen to think the title is hilarious

Ok, well at least we got that cleared up. But I still don't know exactly what the complaint is here.

Much ado about nothing.

The title was obviously intended to create enough curiosity, for whatever reason, to make one want to check further. Sex sells.

Beavers aside, I like the riff.

One of the very first Chuck Berry songs I'd ever heard was "The Dingaling Song," enjoyable for 12-year-olds of all ages.

One of the very first Chuck Berry songs I'd ever heard was "The Dingaling Song," enjoyable for 12-year-olds of all ages.

– lx

Here you go enjoy the original,

That would be Dave "still kickin' at 99' Bartholomew, for the record. Whenever I see him mentioned, I always go check his wiki page to be sure.

I'm really not sure what the complaint is here, Dave. First you said:

I must say though that the title of the video could've been worded better.

And, well, the title of the video is the title of the song. Makes sense.

Then you say

Canada would also jump to the same conclusion about the song/video title. It doesn't even slightly allude to anything else. I happen to think the title is hilarious but haven't anything positive to say beyond that.

So, do you have a problem with the name of the song itself, or with innuendo in song titles, or is your complaint with the song itself?

I don't think anyone would seriously claim that. Most people would recognize it for what it is: one of a VERY long line of rock, blues and pop songs with innuendo with and double entendres in the titles or lyrics. Whether one finds it funny or clever is kind of up to oneself.

I happen to think the title is hilarious

Ok, well at least we got that cleared up. But I still don't know exactly what the complaint is here.

– Baxter

I wasn't complaining Bax, just surprised that the innuendo didn't stand out as strong for others as it did for me. I love innuendo, especially when it's sexually oriented!

Here goes that 7 degrees of separation thing. Dave Bartholomew’s “The Monkey Speaks His Mind” (the 1958 version). Andre Williams covered “The Monkey Speaks His Mind”.

Then this cut with Inuendo.

if memory serves, at the time, johnny depp was butthurt about the song because he assumed it was about her, because that's what people who make assumptions do.

and i sort of doubt ler used a gretsch. he's a long time strat guy, save for a prs run in the late 90s through the mid 2000s, i think. the occasional les paul and tele in there now as well. but maybe the studio had one lying around?

Register Sign in to join the conversation