Modern Gretsch Guitars

GRETSCH 6120T-55 VS some sound. This guitar twang !!!!!!!!!!

Recorded this morning with my new gretsch on a Fender Blues Deluxe, Tc Electronic Flashback Echo, Boss Tremolo and korg D3200. Hope you like the twang https://soundcloud.com/didi...

Big twang Didier. So different from the Cochran model, they make a great and distinctive pair.

Great to hear you enjoying it so much already.

Belle twang Didier! Formidable!

Outstanding! Tres twangy!

Terrific sound and playing!

Sounds great! My 1960's brain went straight to the munsters theme song! Made me smile.

Sounds great! Does this model truly have medium jumbo frets as the specs state? I know the term is used loosely these days. Are the frets the same as the Eddie Cochran model? They are thin and small - not a bad thing. Would be nice if the frets were larger. Great guitar, great sounds!

Great playing and tone.

Sounds great to me. And what a great tune. Springsteen says this and Telstar are what the riff in Born to Run was trying to evoke. Love my T Armonds. Twangy as I want them and never shrill or thin.

Didier, Duane just heard your track and thought it was excellent, and he thanks you very much.

Didier, Duane just heard your track and thought it was excellent, and he thanks you very much.

– Deed Eddy

Many thanks. I'm very proud

Sounds great! Does this model truly have medium jumbo frets as the specs state? I know the term is used loosely these days. Are the frets the same as the Eddie Cochran model? They are thin and small - not a bad thing. Would be nice if the frets were larger. Great guitar, great sounds!

– Bluecap

the frets are the same i think. No difference for me

Well twanged sir,sounds great!

Oh Deed how wonderful! The internet is so amazing sometimes. That Didier is a Duane fan, can upload his version of a Duane tune and have Duane himself say well done - these are the things we could only dream about 20 years ago.

Didier I am so happy for you. And thanks Deed - that was so sweet. My faith in this site is very much restored - how absolutely wonderful.

Oh Deed how wonderful! The internet is so amazing sometimes. That Didier is a Duane fan, can upload his version of a Duane tune and have Duane himself say well done - these are the things we could only dream about 20 years ago.

Didier I am so happy for you. And thanks Deed - that was so sweet. My faith in this site is very much restored - how absolutely wonderful.

– JimmyR

You're right. This site made dreams come true

A seemingly small gesture, such a positive and enduring effect. Didier will never forget that sweet kindness.

the frets are the same i think. No difference for me

– DIDIER D

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation