Modern Gretsch Guitars

Got my eye on a 2007 6120 TM.

I've never owned a Gretsch but here lately I've been wanting one pretty bad. I'm looking at a 2007 6120TM. Just wondering if anyone had any negative opinions about this model.

They are beautiful guitars. Are those the ones that used to be called "Prom Queens"?

I've never owned a Gretsch but here lately I've been wanting one pretty bad. I'm looking at a 2007 6120TM. Just wondering if anyone had any negative opinions about this model.

– Enis Penvy

Sounds like you have a neat G6120TM in your future. Think you'll be happy with it. My "Go To" Gretsch is a 1998 G6120 Nashville model, Blue with Gold Hardware and I keep it within reach in my "Guitar Room". Also have a 1992 Gretsch G7594T White Falcon, and several other Gretsch Guitars, but always gravitate back to the G6120. Something about the sound, looks, and feel of the guitar makes it great.

I don't know if they were called prom queens but they sure do look like one.

Man I hope the deal goes through. I joined this forum last night after checking it out for many months. Seems like a very friendly and informative online community. Any help will be appreciated.

Can't think of any negatives whatsoever about this model, so I say snap it up. Snooze you lose, and many here can attest to losing out on a guitar or amp because they didn't step up.

Only things I can suggest that might be up for changing on that guitar would be swapping out the flat Bigsby arm for a Chet or Duane version if that strikes your fancy and perhaps, if it appeals to you, changing out the bridge for a Tru Arc Serpentune.

Oh, and welcome aboard to all things Gretsch!

A '07 6120 TM is a great guitar. The blonde 6120's from that era were known as a "Prom Queen", Can't go wrong either way.

Lee

That was another one i missed out on, the 6120AM,it hung in my local dealers for over a year and half from 2003/05,it was the Tiger Maple Amber one with the black head stock,was always hoping to see it around the city but never have.

Basically the same guitar as the TM only Amber.

Just pulled the trigger on this little jewel. Bought it online. Can't wait to get it. Super excited about it!!!

Just pulled the trigger on this little jewel. Bought it online. Can't wait to get it. Super excited about it!!!

I love blue guitars. Do you have a pic?

A '07 6120 TM is a great guitar. The blonde 6120's from that era were known as a "Prom Queen", Can't go wrong either way.

Lee

– Lee Erickson

Okay. I thought that it was specifically the TM model that was called that. But, you are undoubtedly correct.

EDIT: Now that I have seen the post above referring to the AM model, I do believe that that was the model, rather than the TM, that I had seen called the "Prom Queen".

Register Sign in to join the conversation