Modern Gretsch Guitars

Gold Trim On Duo Jet Body

What is the gold trim on the body? This is from the Gretsch site. Images from vendor sites don't show it.

I guess, I didn't know what it is but I like the looks of it and wondered why it didn't show on the dealer's sites.

I guess, I didn't know what it is but I like the looks of it and wondered why it didn't show on the dealer's sites.

– Sabato

There has been a recent revision of specs - plain Bigsby with Duane Eddy arm, armrest, and it looks to me like a slightly different shade of green. Some retailers do show the latest iteration on their sites, others do not.

I could have sworn that these also had the armrests when they first came out in the mid 2000s, but maybe not.

I've always been curious about how the armrest is installed. Is it a stick on thing or are there screws?

I've always been curious about how the armrest is installed. Is it a stick on thing or are there screws?

– Suprdave

Attached with two screws on the top edge.

There has been a recent revision of specs - plain Bigsby with Duane Eddy arm, armrest, and it looks to me like a slightly different shade of green. Some retailers do show the latest iteration on their sites, others do not.

I could have sworn that these also had the armrests when they first came out in the mid 2000s, but maybe not.

– Afire

Thank You - Devil's in the details I guess. Liked the earlier version...

Thank You - Devil's in the details I guess. Liked the earlier version...

– Sabato

Then you're in luck, because there are plenty in the used market. Or the one you linked to at Street Sounds looks to be currently for sale, brand new, but old specs.

What is the gold trim on the body? This is from the Gretsch site. Images from vendor sites don't show it.

– Sabato

That is what we refer to around here as "gold piping."

Do you mean the arm rest?

– Uncle Daddy

Or as it's been irreverently referred to on occasion around here, the "armpit protector."

Register Sign in to join the conversation