Modern Gretsch Guitars

Gold Binding for My 6136T-LTV

About 2009 my White Falcon had a 2" chunk of binding knocked out of the top side near the Bigsby. I tried to see if Fender/Gretsch would sell me some.. "No" was the answer I got from my pal Jeff Bowen, who at the time was a Gretsch / Fender Rep. so, wondering if things have changed as Jeff is no longer with Fender. He spent 23 years there.. Any help getting 3"-4" piece would be greatly appreciated.. Cheers!

Check with Curt Wilson at Old School Guitar; link is on the right of this page.

I've known Curt for a number of years. He's worked on a few of my guitars. I'll see what he says but I'm not putting much stock into him having any especially when my friend Jeff, who was a Gretsch/ Fender Rep couldn't get it..

Don, NEVER underestimate the wiles of The Curt!

Olivia; Hi! Curt is working on having some made.. It's been a number of years that it's been like this so however long it takes from here is fine..We just can't get in a hurry now can we.. How's everything in Louisville? Hope you're doing great!

Would a dealer be able to order the binding for a certified repair? Just wondering...

I wonder if the gold sparkle binding is at all similar to the stuff Gretsch used to use on drums? Would it be worthwhile checking out drum coverings?

Would a dealer be able to order the binding for a certified repair? Just wondering...

– Mike Schindler

If a Rep couldn't get it, I doubt a Dealer would be able to. My friend had Wildwood, who's a huge Gretsch Dealer as one of his main clients..

Olivia; Hi! Curt is working on having some made.. It's been a number of years that it's been like this so however long it takes from here is fine..We just can't get in a hurry now can we.. How's everything in Louisville? Hope you're doing great!

– Don Butler aka: Toneman

Don, thank you for saying "hi." Long time no see. Hope our paths cross soon, maybe at AROTR again? Hi to the Boys, please. XX OA

Hi Olivia; Thanks for the reply!! Well, would love to come to AROTR but it would be with another band. I haven't played with those guys in 2 years. spent 15 years with them too..But it would be lovely to see you again!

Register Sign in to join the conversation