Modern Gretsch Guitars

G6116PTV - Replacements for Sperzel Locking Tuners

Since I have to get my Power Tenny refretted, due to my nickel allergy, and have the aluminum TruArc on-hand (thanks Tim ), I've also decided to deal with the tuners. Since they are nickel plated, at the very least, I'll have to do what I did with my Heritage H535, and replace the tuner buttons, but since I'm not the world's biggest fan of locking tuners, if I can do so, I'd like to replace them (I wasn't wild about the locking Sperzels that were on the Setzer Hot Rod I had in 2008 and 2009).

I contacted Sperzel, to ask if they make a non-locking version of their tuners with either chrome plating or black finish, but IMO, I'm not holding my breath. If I'm right, and Sperzel doesn't make non-locking tuners, does anybody know what would be a good drop-in replacement for the tuners in my Power Tenny?

I believe TV Jones Spectrasonics have Sperzel non locking tuners. But I don’t know if the footprints are the same.

Hailwood Link

– Mr Tubs

Linky no worky. Sperzel also sells replacement tuner buttons on their website.

I believe TV Jones Spectrasonics have Sperzel non locking tuners. But I don’t know if the footprints are the same.

– Powertronman

I saw a few photos on Sperzel's website, of what looked like non-locking tuners, but they didn't seem to list them as being available. It's very possible that they no longer make them.

Linky no worky. Sperzel also sells replacement tuner buttons on their website.

– EllenGtrGrl

Should work now, hopefully

Sperzel does make non-locking tuners called the "Solid Pro" and they appear to have the same footprint as the locking variety. They also show a very nice selection of non-metal and non-nickel replacement tuner buttons on the website. You also should be able to eorder directly from Sperzel and get the tuners exactly to your preference

From the Sperzel website:

**Sperzel to the Rescue When you finally find that perfect fit with a guitar, you want to really make it yours. So what happens when a traditional look will just not cut it? Where do you turn if you simply must have something more?

Sperzel has you covered. Choose any combination of:*

Housing Model Button Style Post Type Finish Colors That's right - colors. Plural. With Sperzel you can choose separate colors for your housing, spacer, button, and Lok knob.

No. More. Settling. After you submit the form below, we will follow up with pricing confirmation.

Have questions? Give us a call at 216.281.6868 or email us at sperzel@sperzel.com.*

Sperzel does make non-locking tuners called the "Solid Pro" and they appear to have the same footprint as the locking variety. They also show a very nice selection of non-metal and non-nickel replacement tuner buttons on the website. You also should be able to eorder directly from Sperzel and get the tuners exactly to your preference

From the Sperzel website:

**Sperzel to the Rescue When you finally find that perfect fit with a guitar, you want to really make it yours. So what happens when a traditional look will just not cut it? Where do you turn if you simply must have something more?

Sperzel has you covered. Choose any combination of:*

Housing Model Button Style Post Type Finish Colors That's right - colors. Plural. With Sperzel you can choose separate colors for your housing, spacer, button, and Lok knob.

No. More. Settling. After you submit the form below, we will follow up with pricing confirmation.

Have questions? Give us a call at 216.281.6868 or email us at sperzel@sperzel.com.*

– Gretschadelphia

Thanks for the info. !

Register Sign in to join the conversation