Modern Gretsch Guitars

G5655tg

Hi. Bought a single cutaway G5655tg today. No case available I can find. If anyone can help me, most appreciated.

Please post pics. Congrats!

I don't think he is speaking of the jet-like 5655. They used the same number for a single cutaway hollow-body-looking guitar. Confusing. This is the new 5655.

This is the old one:

I don't think he is speaking of the jet-like 5655. They used the same number for a single cutaway hollow-body-looking guitar. Confusing. This is the new 5655.

This is the old one:

– Don Birchett

Got it-- I missed the "TG" suffix. In that case, disregard my previous post. Those Junior body cases are even harder to come by in the wild...

In that case you'll probably need to order it through a Gretsch dealer, as it's a pretty odd case, And the Pro-Line Jr models already come with one, so it's going to be difficult to find one in stock.

There's two versions--

The lower priced model is G6241JR, which has a catalog part number of #0996412000

The more expensive Pro-line version is G6251JR/XL, which is about $50 more, and has a catalog part number of #0996505000.

If I were in your shoes, I'd call Rocky at StreetsoundsNYC (see the sponsor links on the right side of this page) -- he's probably going to be the cheapest, and most responsive to a special order.

Hi guys. Concerned about the g5556tg. Plus: Heavy Rock bottom end, Great for hot Blues. Minus: a bit unruly. I use a Fender Hotrod Deluxe and a ts9 Tube Screamer. I want a little more jingle. In my price range, looks like 5420, but am concerned about feedback. Or so the Sam Ash guy spoke of. Need some inputs. Love the 5655 for what it does, but want more flexibility. I want the Gretsch to challenge on more than just rock and blues. My Strat does this just fine! Thx.

The blacktop Filter'Trons may be many things; "more jingle" isn't one of them. You don't need a 5420 with the same pickups. That won't be jinglier, janglier, or twangier, or snappier. It'll just be boomier and woofier.

I'd recommend a pickup change. Pretty much any other Filter'Tron. A pair of used High Sensitives from the pro-line can be had pretty affordably. Any TV Jones model would work even better.

You might also consider a different bridge; aluminum occurs to me to bring out the sparkle, stainless for more focus and punch. I get rave love letters from customers about bridges transforming their guitars. (Be aware: I make and sell Tru-Arcs, so I'm not unbiased. But I'm also not a terrible exaggerator. And they have money-back guarantee.)

The g5655 was a nightmare out of the box. Returned. Tried others. Ahh. Very disappointed. IMHO, DON'T BUY CHINESE!!! Bought a g5422, Korean, and absolutely no problems. Next up- Japanese!

The 5655 is made in China? I thought it was Korea.

No. China. Sad for me. Had such expectations. But, the 5422, which I had not planned (friend's b.s. about feedback) on was there while doing the return. Rest is history from there. Neck is different for me. Strat guy. Got an LP also. Provides more space for my big fingers. Love em all. But changing music style to more fun'er'er. Rockabilly, maybe Surf, and some periodic Blues.

So which of the Electromatic hollow/center block guitars are now made in China?

5422s are really nice guitars.

I just bought a 5665 from Zzounds.com and the rep said they had the case for it in stock for $129.95 and a returned one for $119 you should chat with them online.

https://www.zzounds.com/ite...

i have it on order and make sure you ask for a discount. they will give you something. I will post about the fit in a few days.

Register Sign in to join the conversation