Modern Gretsch Guitars

G5622T

I just joined this forum this morning so hello to all the members. I hope to learn from all the experienced players here. I've been playing guitar seriously since 1964. I have at least one of almost every major brand made. After all these years I finally bought my first Gretsch. Why I waited so long was a big mistake. The G5622T semi-hollow is just a wonderful instrument for little to no money compared to some of my other collection for sure.

I was wondering if anyone else owns this model?

If so, I'd love to hear your opinion on it.

Mine has a perfect neck carve for my hand. The fretwork is amazingly perfect for a Pacific Rim made instrument. The Blacktop Broadtron pickups are very nice. Getting accustomed to the control layout was a bit different but didn't take long to get used to.

I found that playing it through my Fender Tweed Deluxe Reverb amplifier creates such a warm full bodied tone. I bonded with it right away and that's rare for me. I love the Imperial Stain color. Reminds me of a Gibson 345 in the shade of the stain.

The fit and finish is excellent and the hardware is well made. For a semi-hollow guitar under a 1000.00 dollars it is very impressive.

Congrats! Pic's, or it didn't happen.

We love the current Electromatic line up. It just makes for a great guitar and a reason to look at the pro line guitars even harder.

Welcome to our addiction.

[//imgur.com/KYeShR3"> ] Ok I'm not getting how to post pictures in this forum,

" Help...I need somebody " " Help....Not just anybody " " Help Me Please "

My G5622T

Addiction ? Absolutely !! I had 36 guitars just sold off 17 of them. Manged to collect those over the 55 years I've been playing.

If the pic is on your phone or computer, just click on the yellow camera icon above the posting field. If it's on a hosting site, you should be able to add a link.

If you're using imgur,

just use the "direct link" option for that image and paste it directly into your message.

yea finally !!! Hey I'm an old man computers are still no mans land to me

I think I goit it now. Thanks to everyone for the help. So here are couple of my main guitars. Not trying to brag I'm just trying be sure I can get this image thing correct.

Of course My Gretsch G5622T.....

My Stratocaster....................

My Telecaster......................

My Ibanez Artist........................

My Taylor 414CER-VR.............

My Les Paul...............................

My Firefly 335......................................

My Firefly Elite Les Paul..............

I have a bunch more guitars but I think this convinced me I have this Image thing down now.

Nice stable. Congrats on a sweet new Gretsch.

Thanks SuperDave !!!!

I absolutely love my Gretsch. In fact it has semi-retired all of my others

The Bigsby was a bit of a hassle trying to re string it. Also keeping it in tune if I used it BUT I lubed the string nut, and the bridge saddles, the cross bars of the Bigsby and now I can use the Bigsby arm without going out of tune. I'm thinking I might get a roller bridge and some locking tuners for it to also help with tuning stability. I never "dive bomb" a vibrato. I don't play that style of music. I only use it for a small effect but mostly as I am sure everyone is aware that 95% of ones tone comes from your hands.

Thanks to everyone for your kind help

yea finally !!! Hey I'm an old man computers are still no mans land to me

– G Man 1964

Looks like you've got the newest version (gen-3) with the Broadtron pickups.

Mine is gen-2 with the Super HiLoTrons. It's simply a great guitar.

Oh Sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love yours !!

I'd love to be able to compare the Super Hi Lo trons to the Black Top Broadtrons.

My intial impression of the Broadtrons is they seem very PAF sounding along the line of a set of Seth Lover PAF's.

My G5622T was built Jan 2019 Number 171 one built that month.

The neck, man do I love that neck carve and radius. I have for years now leaned towards the semi-hollow "335" style guitars because they are so universal and comfortable to play standing up or sitting down

Consider a Tru-Arc as a replacement bridge. They're a great add on mod and the proprietor is a long standing member here.

It sounds like you've already figured out some of the standard tuning issues that may occur on these and addressed them. Good deal. I consider myself an old guy around here too but there are plenty of us on board.

Now, go play the hell out of her!

SuperDave.... you can bet the house on it. I practice an average of about 4 hours a day which is easy for me being retired and not much else to do.

My playing out and performing days are done. Did that from about 1965 till 2012. Mainly Motown, Country, Country Rock and the blues.

Now I just write and record songs in my studio for my own pleasure.

Oh Sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love yours !!

I'd love to be able to compare the Super Hi Lo trons to the Black Top Broadtrons.

My intial impression of the Broadtrons is they seem very PAF sounding along the line of a set of Seth Lover PAF's.

My G5622T was built Jan 2019 Number 171 one built that month.

The neck, man do I love that neck carve and radius. I have for years now leaned towards the semi-hollow "335" style guitars because they are so universal and comfortable to play standing up or sitting down

– G Man 1964

The Super HiLoTrons are unusual pickups. Unlike traditional HiLoTrons, they are actually a double-coil humbucking pickup, with recessed non-adjustable pole pieces on the 2nd coil. This allows it to retain some single-coil character but still be hum-cancelling at the same time. They are warmer in tone than regular HiLoTrons, but not as warm as Broadtrons or PAF humbuckers. They are also pretty clean-sounding by default. Basically, if you need distortion with Super HiLo's, you'll need to get it from a pedal.

LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you buy TruArc bridges right from TruArc ?

What is your bridge made of? It looks transparent

Mine.

– Proteus

Yup, that would be the "gen-1" version.

My Gen 1 in Rosa Red .

G-man, yes, you can buy directly from Tru-Arc/me. In fact, you pretty much have to!

I have your email and will answer later today after a post office run.

That bridge is green glass.

Yup, that would be the "gen-1" version.

In fact, one of Joe's early production prototypes.

Here ya go, Twom.

Sometimes imgur adds a character or two after the filename format... usually a ?1 or ?2. When pasting a link in, just truncate anything after the "jpg" in the filename.

Thanks Rob!

Welcome to all things Gretsch G-man! Nice guitar to kick off your Gretsch affiliation. As Superdave mentioned, get a Tru Arc from Tim. He has every style to meet your needs. Best bet is to get a base from him as well as you'll be guaranteed the right fit.

Register Sign in to join the conversation