Modern Gretsch Guitars

G5622T Locking Tuners

Just got a Cherry Metallic G5622T but I'm not in love with the tuners. Could be smoother. I want to replace with locking tuners. Anyone know of good locking tuner that will fit with no mods (no drilling, etc.)?

I had the same issue, and I bought a set of these, which drop straight in, feel good and improve the tuning stability

Gotoh SG381 MGT '3 a Side' Locking Tuning Keys (set of 6) - 3 a side - Chrome

I had the same issue, and I bought a set of these, which drop straight in, feel good and improve the tuning stability

Gotoh SG381 MGT '3 a Side' Locking Tuning Keys (set of 6) - 3 a side - Chrome

– Stevee

Thanks Stevee. Gonna try them. Appreciate it!

Tried the Gotoh SG381 MGT and yes they drop right in. Unfortunately I had to return them because the posts were too short. Attached is photo of existing tuner and locking tuner. I checked the Gotoh site and it looks like they have a similar locking tuner with adjustable height posts but I' not sure I like that. Does anyone know of any drop in tuners with the proper height post? I'll stay with the original tuners if no locking tuners are available, but they're really not smooth. There's a lot of slop in them and they definitely cut costs using these. Other then that, I think the guitar is very good quality and well built for the price point. Can't stop playing it and love the tones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Register Sign in to join the conversation