Modern Gretsch Guitars

G-brand sticker…. in SILVER? (NOW IN BLACK)

I was thinking if a G-brand would look cool on my CAR Hot Rod... but black wouldn't do; it would have to be silver or silver sparkle, to match the other lettering on the headstock.

Does anyone make such an animal?

As I recall, Setzer has. If not, he certainly could.

Is a G brand sticker the horseshoe? I want one too if they are

Setzer of course. I’ve also had great luck with the sign shop down the street too, they have a few sparkle vinyls available. I’ve printed out G-stuff this way, I bring in my own vector files.

More like this, Mr. Christopher, but in silver sparkle.

– Suprdave

Thank you, I was terribly mistaken ha ha

– Suprdave

Thank you, I was terribly mistaken ha ha

PM'ed Setzer, assuming the PMs work... it seems that can be sketchy sometimes.

PM bounced back. Anyone have Setzer's email address?

I’m guessing Paul’s old yahoo account is in the system.

For the record, PMs work just fine. What you’re seeing is some nasty pissing match between gmail and yahoo that I can’t resolve

So, apparently I have to choose between the "reissue" G and the "vintage" G. I've googled, but I apparently can't find out what the difference is??

Tim, I thought that I had it updated to my gmail. Can you check or is that something I can do?

Ruger, RI is on top and vintage bottom

photo gbrands.jpg

Thanks Paul, will talk in email...

So... whaddya' think? Hot or snot?

Went with silver (not sparkle) because it better matches the pickup rings and the MOP headstock inlay...

I don’t much like it. It’s starting to look cluttered. The whole point of the HotRod is simplicity.

It's certainly unique.I don't like or dislike, I guess.

I don’t much like it. It’s starting to look cluttered. The whole point of the HotRod is simplicity.

– Bob Howard

Well, MY whole point of getting the Hot Rod wasn't simplicity, it was Candy Apple Red. :)

It doesn't look any more cluttered than a DSW with all the switches, knobs, and brand (not to mention the complete western motif fretboard)...

As long as YOU like it is all that really matters.

I think it might look better in black.

I think it might look better in black.

– geoguy

I didn't think so, until after I applied it in silver. But I agree- it might indeed be better in the standard black...

I didn't think so, until after I applied it in silver. But I agree- it might indeed be better in the standard black...

– ruger9

And in matte or satin black too...it’s a Hotrod so no glossy I like the look though.

Register Sign in to join the conversation