Modern Gretsch Guitars

Fortune teller

I like to have a piece of chocolate with my mid-morning coffee. The chocolate wrapper had a message for me which I assume applies to my question about which Vintage Select Duo Jet to buy - the 6128-53 or the 6128-57. If only money were no object...

I could swim around in that same bucket with you. I'm scheming...

Buying both Jets is actually a bargain. Imagine what you would have to spend on those two pictured D'Angelicos.

Buying both Jets is actually a bargain. Imagine what you would have to spend on those two pictured D'Angelicos.

– sascha

Yes, the D'Angelico mouse pad is as close as I'll ever get to owning the real things.

Well, I can afford the Dove chocolates (the dark ones especially!).

Pretty sweet tune, Daniel. Very restful. Nice pickin', well-recorded. The National sounds warm-woody-n-crisp. Amazing voice, too. Distinctive, soulful, expressive.

Pretty sweet tune, Daniel. Very restful. Nice pickin', well-recorded. The National sounds warm-woody-n-crisp. Amazing voice, too. Distinctive, soulful, expressive.

– Proteus

Thanks Tim, just wanted to make people smile like those Dove Chocolates:) BTW I love Nationals and have an artist endorsement deal with them. They've made me 2 very nice resos! My girlfriend bought me my first new National which is the guitar on that song and it sounds woody because it is WOOD, and it's a spider cone which projects the mids without the metallic harshness of the metal bodies. And wood bodied Nationals are built like Gretsches as they are laminate top and backs, which is not a cost cuting measure, but done for stiffness. This is that National (Western Model D)

Register Sign in to join the conversation