Modern Gretsch Guitars

Exciting Pearl Jet (and Gretsch Pages) news

I'm guessing the it's-drum-covering-so-we-can-have-whatever-we-like option didn't pan out then? That's a shame. As much as I looooooove the white (it was really my only choice) I can see how others may pull out.

For me this was only ever going to be an all-or-nothing deal and so far I'm still in the game, but if it had gone blue I think I'd be feeling pretty much as John does now. Is the one-off drum covering completely off the table?

Please don't take this as criticism, I love the spec and am completely indebted to you and Rocky for getting this far with it, just askin' on behalf of a friend...

I voted blue but I'm not going to count this one out yet. I'll wait to see what it looks like overall, when they're done. I may have to sell a few things though.

A virtue of white, as suggested by Ed's and Curt's convo above, is that it can be oversprayed with ANY color - obviously including dark blue. That arguably makes it "universal."

I may have mine squirted red, which was my ultimate fantasy.

I kinda want a plain maple top one before the drum wrap goes on it.

Edit: This is a joke. I do love the specs so far but I'm most likely not able to swing the $.

A virtue of white, as suggested by Ed's and Curt's convo above, is that it can be oversprayed with ANY color - obviously including dark blue. That arguably makes it "universal."

I may have mine squirted red, which was my ultimate fantasy.

– Proteus

Already a premium priced guitar...we could go back to Buddy Hollywood's idea (in the starter thread) of just gluing some Pearl drum wrap to the top of a beater Jet.

A special run of guitars could take some time to get up and running. I know they aren't custom shop but I would think they're just one step below that. I can't imagine modding one too much, unless it ends up being butt ugly, which I doubt from the description.

So an update of sorts... There is currently some uncertainty between two possible pearls, and also a pitch for considering a "flame metallic" that seems intriguing, but I'm trying to get more details. It's been slowed down a bit due to Rocky being laid up, but hopefully we're moving forward!

Sad to hear about Rocky. Hope he gets well soon.

"I may have mine squirted red, which was my ultimate fantasy." - Proteus

Points for using "Squirted" and "Fantasy" in the same sentence cleanly.

"I may have mine squirted red, which was my ultimate fantasy." - Proteus

Points for using "Squirted" and "Fantasy" in the same sentence cleanly.

– crowbone

Points for having a wit as sharp as a straight razor.

Register Sign in to join the conversation