Modern Gretsch Guitars

Exciting Pearl Jet (and Gretsch Pages) news

Thanks for the response John... if you speak with Rocky again, please tell him THIS...

Thanks for the response John... if you speak with Rocky again, please tell him THIS...

– kc_eddie_b

Ha!

I'll remember that!

– kc_eddie_b

Hear! Hear!

Just got off the phone with Rocky. We have a tentative, preliminary, "will this work" spec sheet:

Color: White Moto (mother of pearl sort of finish. Example should be coming)
Tuners: Gotoh Open Tuners
Pickups: TV Jones Dynasonic
Bridge: Tru-Arc Stainless
Bigsby: B3-C (Duane Eddy Handle)
Inlay: Hump Block
Knobs: G-Arrow
Hardware Color: Nickel
Back/Sides: Mahogany Stain
Frets: Medium Jumbo
Neck Profile: (Duane Eddy)

Logo Style, TRC and Pickguard are still TBD, based on the Gretsch Pages 25th Anniversary art I just sent. We all like the idea of a scripty logo but are concerned it'll look goofy with the Gretsch Pages art. We'll see. That art placement also determined the TRC and pickguard.

Binding is also an open question. We're going to try to get a few possibilities matched up to the white top.

Sounds great to me. Is the body the more chambered version, a la current Vintage Select practice?

D'oh! Forgot to say. that would definitely be my preference.

I have a feeling poor Rocky is going to be peppered with emails from me.

I would consider something like this. If you use a flake pearl that's paint it's typically good in the sun and hides at night. This is drum wrap.

Yes. Definitely planning to use a drum wrap.

Yes. Definitely planning to use a drum wrap.

– Baxter

Nice, I like the one I posted because I see people I've met in it.

Thanks, Bax. Can you share a bit more detail of the Duane Eddy neck profile? Thin? Wide? C? U?

I'm not good at describing neck profiles, but I will say the DE is the nicest, easiest playing neck profile I've ever laid my hands on. It's thin, but not cramp your hands thin.

I dunno. Maybe someone better than I can explain it.

Sounds great - love the DE neck profile. I'll add that the DE profile feels comfy and fast. Not super thin like a Mosrite, just svelte. Let alone everything else, a Jet with a DE neck alone is an exciting thing.

PS. Curt - that pearl is insane. Looks like it would be projected melting down a wall behind Iron Butterfly. I think I just had a flashback...

I guess voting be damned.

But... ??? Was this just a tease?

It’s so close to my BZ Jet that it wouldn’t make sense for me.

A kinda cool thing would be to figure out a 4 way switching to put the neck and bridge Dynas in series (Josh did that on my Tele). That I couldn’t resist. Color wouldn’t matter.

Excellent specs, IMO.

Based on those specs I’m still in the game. If the MoP looks good and the price is not prohibitively high I guess I’m about to get a new guitar...

But... ??? Was this just a tease?

– kc_eddie_b

Ed, If the white pearl has enough of a pattern you can take it to your local paint squirter and have them squirt you some translucent blue over the top, yes it will work.

Any of the translucent color family will work.

Ed, If the white pearl has enough of a pattern you can take it to your local paint squirter and have them squirt you some translucent blue over the top, yes it will work.

Any of the translucent color family will work.

– Curt Wilson

Cool... you might end up being my "local paint squirter"! I've had 3 months since this option was shared to fall in love with it, and in love I am.

I guess voting be damned.

Nope, this is pretty much as close to the voting consensus as we could wrangle.

A kinda cool thing would be to figure out a 4 way switching to put the neck and bridge Dynas in series

I also have a Tele with that setup and agree it would be VERY cool. I don't know if it's something we can do, but I can ask if there's enough interest.

Did we get anywhere with the vintage tone control idea?

I guess voting be damned. -crow

Nope, this is pretty much as close to the voting consensus as we could wrangle -Baxter

Blue won the vote but wasn't available? White is just "meh" to me, sorry.

Has a ballpark price been mentioned anywhere in these 15 pages? My guess is that its going to be out of my range but id like to know for sure. I've read a lot but not every post.

Thanks!

The light blue won by one vote but was set aside because Gretsch currently offers Jets in that color. Rocky strongly suggested going a different direction. The white pearl was only a vote or two off on first choice, and actually led for second choice. So overall, it was the most popular.

The dark blue was never a serious contender. While the folks who like it REALLY like it, the appeal is narrow.

Register Sign in to join the conversation