Gretsch Garage Sale

6120WTV for sale

I have an August 2006 6120WTV for sale. Asking $1675 plus $100 shipping. It is one of only 12 made worldwide in firebird red. Looks like a RHH but red. Cactus & Steers etc. has these upgrades: Gold Sperzels, gold bigsby, gold painted bridge, Powertrons, bone nut and strap locks. I need to fund another Gretsch purchase of course and I'm on a strict one in, one out policy with my wife. A better playing guitar you will not find. The neck is perfect with low action and it sounds nice acoustically too. Last set up was by TV Jones at the NorCal roundup. Speaking of NorCal roundups, Jim Messina loved the sound of the Powertrons in this guitar! He played it for awhile before moving on to my DSW with T-Armonds.

I have an August 2006 6120WTV for sale. Asking $1675 plus $100 shipping. It is one of only 12 made worldwide in firebird red. Looks like a RHH but red. Cactus & Steers etc. has these upgrades: Gold Sperzels, gold bigsby, gold painted bridge, Powertrons, bone nut and strap locks. I need to fund another Gretsch purchase of course and I'm on a strict one in, one out policy with my wife. A better playing guitar you will not find. The neck is perfect with low action and it sounds nice acoustically too. Last set up was by TV Jones at the NorCal roundup. Speaking of NorCal roundups, Jim Messina loved the sound of the Powertrons in this guitar! He played it for awhile before moving on to my DSW with T-Armonds.

– Powertronman

Here is a shot of the guitar.

Here is a shot of the guitar.

– Powertronman

Here is just the body.

– Powertronman

Here is the bridge and PAF Powertrons Tom made for me.

– Powertronman

Inside with sticker

– Powertronman

Back of the headstock showing Sperzels.

– Powertronman

With the case.

Funny, I was just commenting on one of these last night on FB that another member has. What an amazing guitar. I wish I had the funds. I'm a sucker for oddball and rare gear, and this guitar checks off a lot of boxes for what I'm looking for. Maybe if the lotto ticket in my pocket pays off...

For now, at least you get a bump. Someone buy this thing so it can stop haunting me. Good luck with the sale man.

Is this guitar in the database yet? If not (why not), would you please add it? Don't worry about the fact that ownership is about to change. Tartan Phantom can handle that when there is a new owner.

Yes! This one needs to be in the database, for sure.

Nice axe!

This is one of several very nice Gretsches that have been posted for sale, and some sold, on our site over the past half a year or so for south of $2K. Some very fine guitars. Sadly, I have to conclude money must be quite tight for a great many folks for these guitars to not sell at these prices.

Interested in your Gretsch, still for sale ? :)

Interested in your Gretsch, still for sale ? :)

– Candy-Man

Yes sir! Help me indulge in more Gretsch GAS madness! I think you can pm me but my email is lvslvs(at)Comcast.net

Sorry I was on vacation and I may have missed your email:) Are you still interested in shipping to Clayton NY 13624 ?

Register Sign in to join the conversation