Modern Gretsch Guitars

CS Whiskey Barrel Jet

Given the time frame and Rocky’s association with the guitar, I can’t help but wonder if Cam was the intended buyer. But then again he might have wanted a third pick up.

If Cam didn't in fact help commission it (with Rocky), and wasn't the intended buyer - he was certainly a likely buyer for any Gretsch CS instrument in Brooklyn!

Stand up all you like - I'm gonna complain about the price! I'm not really complaining, just moaning. To me there's a difference. I'll definitely never be one of those rich guys and I don't care because there is more to life than money and stuff. But I do like that guitar.

Slim I do kind of mean like crate amps - but without them looking like packing crates. My idea - depending on what sort of timber I can find - is to dress the timber on the inside and edges where I would need to join it but leave the weathered timber on the outside. So the cab would look like an old tweed style cab but have a weathered looking exterior.

Trouble is that here in Western Australia we don't have the range of work-friendly timbers that you do in the northern hemisphere. Our native trees are mostly hardwoods and extremely hard and heavy - often prone to movement and cracking too. My dream is to find some wide softwood planks but they are very rare here.

I have to admit that the more I look at it the more I like it.

However: Ended on 3/5/19 @ 3:36 A.M.PST. Congrats to somebody. Hopefully it shows up as an NGD here. Rocky picked a winner here.

Don't have the cash and I'd have to learn how to play left handed. Come to think of it, maybe that would be an improvement.

Register Sign in to join the conversation