Modern Gretsch Guitars

CS Blue Triple Dyna Jet

Love the white back on this one although I’m not sure I’ve been a fan of the light back on the hot rod and other models.

I kinda love this! Triple Dynas looks like too much of a good thing, but I played Cam's triple-D Billy Bo, and must admit it's killer tonally.

I especially like the pearloid pickup tops. Great idea.

It clearly has the wrong bridge, though!

I don't usually love 3-pup guitars. But this one looks fantastic!

The added red line in the binding really sets it off and the MOP Scripty. Just Lovely, Stephen.

I kinda love this! Triple Dynas looks like too much of a good thing, but I played Cam's triple-D Billy Bo, and must admit it's killer tonally.

I especially like the pearloid pickup tops. Great idea.

It clearly has the wrong bridge, though!

– Proteus

Yes, it coul definitely use a Tru-Arc bridge!

There’s a video too...

The Custom Shop just ordered a batch of SerpenTunes - the first time Stephen has used them. I'll be interested to see what they go on!

I'm hoping it's the start of a trend.

OMG! That's Beautiful! (But the arm rest has to go.)

The Custom Shop just ordered a batch of SerpenTunes - the first time Stephen has used them. I'll be interested to see what they go on!

I'm hoping it's the start of a trend.

– Proteus

They are the best.

I do think they're pretty good.

Tremendous looking and sounding guitar.

Are the knobs individual pup volume pots? If so, is the pot on the horn a master volume or master tone?

It's got a tone switch, so that must be the master volume.

The video left out neck and middle and neck and bridge. The pickups all seem to be in phase; I wonder if any positions are hum-canceling?

I thought the switches were for the pickups.

I thought the switches were for the pickups.

– Strummerson

That was my thought too but I guess it could go a few different ways. Dynas don't get tone switches. And I'd bet the horn knob is MV without a doubt.

Middle pickups seem to interfere with my picking for some reason but it's a good looking Jet for sure and I'll bet the middle adds some nice tones.

Aesthetically I like the look of 2 pickups better but I was really into the sound of all 3 pickups from the video.

I'm surprised it took Stephen Stern this long to order SerpenTunes. They are the perfect bridge for Gretsch guitars. I have a feeling he will make them the standard Gretsch Custom Shop bridge. I would!

That was my thought too but I guess it could go a few different ways. Dynas don't get tone switches. And I'd bet the horn knob is MV without a doubt.

Middle pickups seem to interfere with my picking for some reason but it's a good looking Jet for sure and I'll bet the middle adds some nice tones.

– WillieDSW

yeah, that's a tone switch. My CS Penguin has Dynas and a tone switch. Works nicely.

I usually don't like blue guitars but this one is nice.

It's funny how we become predictable, but not. I'm not into blue guitars. When I saw the other CS baby blue this morning all I could muster was an "at least Ed will like it." And, he didn't, either. But, this blue guitar is just dreamy, even more so to me because of Stephen's CS rolled edge arm rest. Twom, guess that's why they make lots of different ones, right?

Register Sign in to join the conversation