Modern Gretsch Guitars

Could you gig with this? Green sparkle alert.

Had this in the workshop, a Setzer Hot Rod. A pretty good guitar but green sparkle? Yikes.

I have a thing with green guitars, apart from Caddy green of course. I do like the simple controls set up.

The more offensive the appearance, the more likely I am to gig with it.

This is the only other green guitar I like. Good enough for the Pelvis.

I don’t find it the least bit offensive. It’s the second prettiest sparkle, next to red.

Not for me, can't really think of any green guitars I'd like to have

I know a guy who does gig with a green sparkle Setzer Hot Rod. Not for me. About the only green I can handle is Cadillac green, and the only sparkle I can handle is a Silver Jet. And my acceptance of those are almost certainly 99% the result of 25 years to get comfortable with them.

A nice, dark Royal Blue sparkle would have me... Green, not so much.

Yet...sparkle has always been perfect on drums.

I like Sherwood Green - especially when faded and not too sparkly anymore. Looks great on a Fender with rosewood board.

Didn't you build a Sherwood Green Tele once, Tony?

That green is absolutely lovely but the guitar needs the rest of its controls!

I say any sparkle finish is good.

I say any sparkle finish is good.

– DCBirdMan

That red sparkle you produced awhile back was just spectacular!

I wouldn't mind a green or gold sparkle jet!

I like the colour but don't fancy gigging it! I really like the simplicity of the Hotrods.

When I worked in a music store my boss would never order green guitars because he always had trouble selling them. I think the exception is surf green on a Strat. A surf green Strat with a rosewood board is a beautiful guitar.

Overall though I don't really care for blue or green for guitars.

I love sparkle guitars!

Great for a Christmas tour!

Oh hell yes I could!

I did for a bit. I found the 2.75" body really hard to deal with in getting to the upper frets. And unless you're under really bright stage lights, it was a somewhat blotchy dark avocado color, instead of Brian's original two Anti-Freeze Green Hot Rods, which were bright and mesmerizing on stage.

The Oct. 2019 revision to that model is back to 2.5" and a light color, it seems! Hooray for that!

Cadillac Green is the only green for me

Register Sign in to join the conversation