Modern Gretsch Guitars

Can someone decipher this Gretsch Model Code for me…

Im looking to purchase this model from a dealer but could not locate it on the Gretsch Guitar page...I found models close, but not exact..Do Gretsch build guitars for specific dealers..? G6120-BSNV-LOR Brian Setzer Nashville ..Can someone tell me what the LOR is...? I think I get the first half of it....Thanks

Barry

L is often “lacquer”; OR sounds like “orange.”

And yeah, every Gretsch gets its own model code, even if it’s a limited run for a dealer, or even a one-off. But an orange lacquer Setzer isn’t unusual, and that’s not the usual model code.

Hey thanks alot....Here is the guitar Im looking at..Wish I could play it first....but the shipping to return (If I had too) is cheaper than a loong road trip....!!

They took the website link down...Cuz I bought it...!!!! WOOOHOOOO.....

https://wildwoodguitars.com...

Hard to go wrong with that guitar, especially from Wilfdwood.

If you like the 9.5” radius and trestles (classic ‘59 setup), I wouldn’t worry too much about taking the plunge.

That is a very nice guitar. Love the finish. Go for it!

Nice guitar, and Wildwood is a top notch place to do business with.

A few years back I took the plunge on a limited run 6120 from them, without seeing or playing it.

Best guitar that I own, and the best buying experience that I've ever had.

Best of luck, you're in good hands with these folks.

Thanks all....Im in Tampa, so Ill wait another hour before calling em in Colorado...I will soon be in the club....

That's a beautiful guitar; stunning actually. I've never played a guitar with Setzer Signatures in it, but knowledgeable folks on this site seem to like them a lot. I'd replace the dice if it were mine, but that's just me.

Congrats on the impending purchase.

I'm confused. G6120-BSNV-LOR is not a standard model number so Proteus suggested a limited run(?) But it looks like a standard G6120SSL-OFLM (Setzer Signature Lacquer - Orange Flame Maple)

I'm confused. G6120-BSNV-LOR is not a standard model number so Proteus suggested a limited run(?) But it looks like a standard G6120SSL-OFLM (Setzer Signature Lacquer - Orange Flame Maple)

– Charlie Vegas

That was my confusion in the beginning...or still is....They are identical in Specs, but cannot seem to find a significant (or any) reason why they have different model numbers...Unless of course its simply a MSRP issue..Remember how Best buy would have a Dell desktop with Model number A, while Circuit City (I'm dating myself) would have the exact computer, specs and all and it would be Model number B so they could not be undersold....Just a guess..Ill ask when I call right now !!!

Update:

Im not any less confused, except is has something to do with color and/or the Gretsch site isnt updated or it is an SSO Tiger flame or....As long as its not counterfeit !!! and I got the T'Shirt too !!! ...I asked em to ship it out next Monday instead of today, so Ill be home when it arrives next Friday...Thanks gentleman !!!!!

Searching Google I think the G6120-BSNV-LOR and the G6120SSL-OFLM are the same exact model. Why two different numbers? Joe?

Can't help you with the serial number, but that is one GORGEOUS guitar!!

I'll add my vote of total confidence in Wildwood Guitars. Top notch dealer from all perspectives.

Congrats Stratles ,ya can't lose with 6120!

Register Sign in to join the conversation