Modern Gretsch Guitars

Black or white

Either is much too nice a guitar for the likes of me.

Hey MDwilliams, yea - gona keZep the les paul. Couldnt face letting it go!

Gona save up for a falcon...or maybe sell some other stuff...

i like the white falcons and penguins. absolutely gorgeous guitars, but... the black penguin is just about the most aesthetically pleasing guitar i've ever seen in my life. people can have their candy apple red jazzmasters, sunburst strats and their black beauty les pauls. gimme a black penguin any day.

Didn't know you had a Dyna BF too Bobcat. Or did I? Can't remember!

– Sparky

Didn't know you had a Dyna BF too Bobcat. Or did I? Can't remember!

– Sparky

Sparky, I made a hella good trade a few weeks back, A 2005 6120 blowout for a 2009 Billy Bo, even Steven! I really didn't bond with the BB. Then a feller on G-T said he had a 2010 Blackie that he didn't like and wanted a Billy Bo! Well you know what I said? I'm yer huckleberry! another even trade! 8-o ,,, hard to believe, ain't it!?

If I were looking at Falcons, it'd be white. The one above would be great...add a Chet wire arm bigsby and a Tru-Arc bridge and 'ah...'

Why didn't Gretsch ever make a RED Falcon?

My White Penguin Billy Bo is actually an aged, off-white. It looks very nice.

– Ian Connolly

– Tim_Falcon

Good call Tim....hope you get one soon.

Black with silver and a double-cut body.... that does it for me.. But do they make it?

– audept

– audept

You mean like this one?

I KNEW somebody would come up with a red Falcon! Right now the Music Zoo has a Burgundy Mist and an Inca Silver Falcon,so the custom colors are out there(and Fender custom colors,no less.Cool). IMO the WF is as much a cultural statement of outrageous Fifties conspicuous consumption as it is a working instrument,and the other colors show a subtlety entirely uncharacteristic of the time.

– audept

You mean like this one?

– Hermitt

– audept

You mean like this one?

– Hermitt

So cool! Where is that one from, Hermitt?

Black tones down the bling a bit, but black is harder to keep clean.

One of each maybe? ;-)

I know gold is more precious than silver but I hate it. How about platinum for a truly high end box? I dunno, never wanted a Mr. T starter kit on my guitar. A White Flacon with black plated hardware would be incredible. I love the Silver Falcons but the Black Falcons have the gold bling. Can you tell I'm not a gold guy? ;)

I love the silver on black look best, but ingot my White Falcon first and it's still up there. There are many white guitars out there, but the White Falcon is at the top of that mountain.

If I ever get a Falcon, it will be an LDS. If you are going for it, you may as well go in a big way. I reckon I will be more likely to get a CC though which, lets face it, is pretty much the same guitar.

Both are classy. But choice would be (aged) white.

I'd be happy with either, but what I'd really like would be matt black with black hardware.

Sweet tradin Bobcat!

I've nary met a Falcon I didn't like. That being said, for some reason I seem to have a penchant towards white.

My pants are white, my sunglasses are white, my purse is white, my '08 Jetta....white, and my Falcon....also white. Seems to show scratches less easily. It always seems that, with black paint, swirl marks from an over active polishing elbow are too easily seen.

Moreover, white Gretsches just have a great stage presence.8-)

Never cared much for white. Back in the 80's, I bought a 50's Country Club that had been refinned in black, with re-plated gold hardware. Wish I'd kept it.

I liked my silver Falcon, no gold, silver trim on black, MMHMMM ;)

I'm not prejudiced black or white. If we are going to bring Stephen Stern Custom shop models in I love the new Turquoise blue one I saw recently. Any one have a pic of that one?

Register Sign in to join the conversation