Modern Gretsch Guitars

Billy Duffy owner Falcon

Probably only overpriced by around $24,000

Probably only overpriced by around $24,000

– Toxophilite

:)

I think you could ask an extra $500 for the provenance but that's it. Prototypes owned and played by a notable player are a different animal.

This would be a nice guitar to own. The Cult are the real deal. I’m curious why it would have a plate on the heal?

The plate on the heel looks like a Baldwin-era truss rod cover. I wonder if they chose to adjust the truss rod there for Billy's guitar? If so the headstock truss rod cover would be purely cosmetic.

This would be a nice guitar to own. The Cult are the real deal. I’m curious why it would have a plate on the heal?

– Hipbone

The plate on the neck heal of BD’s signature Falcon is cosmetic. His Baldwin era Falcon had a truss rod access there.

For convenience and sensible reasons, his signature model adjusts on the headstock.

The Billy Duffy Falcon is my favorite White Falcon but why would anyone spend that much more for the same guitar just because Billy played it? I could see spending a little more.

I agree with Buddy that the Billy Duffy Falcon has always been my dream Gretsch but I'm not a collector. Certainly I am interested in legendary guitars but only from a pedestrian point of view.

Not my cup of tea Falcon wise I must say. I had a '79 double cut Falcon at one point and while it was a well built guitar I just think the Baldwin era ones look funny.

I prefer large F holes, Dynas, vetical logo and no mud switch.

Not my cup of tea Falcon wise I must say. I had a '79 double cut Falcon at one point and while it was a well built guitar I just think the Baldwin era ones look funny.

I prefer large F holes, Dynas, vetical logo and no mud switch.

– tabletop

So you are talking the one that Adam Ant owns that he bought off of Brian Setzer?

If so yeah that's the one I love.

New owner -

Previous owner -

So you are talking the one that Adam Ant owns that he bought off of Brian Setzer?

If so yeah that's the one I love.

New owner -

Previous owner -

– ThePolecats

yeah thats my dream Falcon!

Register Sign in to join the conversation