Modern Gretsch Guitars

Belated NGD

Back from the guitar tech with a set up, stainless Tru-Arc and Reverend soft spring. The guitar came with Setzer Signatures which I'm liking a lot. I previously owned a 2003 and was glad to find a replacement in this 2004.

Love the color. Congrats!

Nice! I'm not a Filtertron guy and I don't like zero frets, but somehow I've always had a soft spot for that model

Gorgeous! Congratulations and enjoy!!

Tennessee Special?

– Charlie Vegas

Yes, a Tennessee Special. Can't believe I left the model name out.

Tenny Special....great guitars. Unbound, wide, zero fret neck is very similar to my 6116PTV Power Tenny.

Yeah man! That sure is a nice guitar. I'm a sucker for red and burgundy guitars, especially that particular deep shade of red. It's a beaut! Congratulations on your new guitar!

Congrats Caliban335! Some years ago I tested that model out at Guitar Center. I really liked it. Good choice!

Yes, a Tennessee Special. Can't believe I left the model name out.

– Caliban335

Shoot, I never knew that this model existed.

Is the body shallow like the 6119-1962?

Shoot, I never knew that this model existed.

Is the body shallow like the 6119-1962?

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

The body depth is 2.75". Although the name of the model puts it in the Tennessean/Tennessee Rose family, the short scale, body depth, open f-holes and minimal binding make this seem more like a red Anniversary to me.

The body depth is 2.75". Although the name of the model puts it in the Tennessean/Tennessee Rose family, the short scale, body depth, open f-holes and minimal binding make this seem more like a red Anniversary to me.

– Caliban335

I always thought of this model as basically '59 Tenny with an added pickup.

– Caliban335

Thanks. That's a sweetheart.

Register Sign in to join the conversation