Modern Gretsch Guitars

Belated NGD: 5129 Electromatic

Here's my 5129 back from the shop with a few mods. DeArmond 2000s replaced with T-Armonds, Bigsby bridge replaced with a stainless steel Tru-Arc, controls whittled down to master tone and master volume and stock Bigsby spring replaced with a Reverend. I vacillated between the all black 5125 and this model, but decided I liked the red top better. Thus far I'm pleased with the results.

I had one of these and liked it a lot. If T-Armands has been out when I had it, I may have put some in and ended up keeping it.

Cool...and there's always someone looking to buy the DA2000s.

I have it’s brother! 5129 with T Armonds added, plus pin stripes around f holes and headstock. Great guitar, have fun with it. Still have the original de Armonds and am thinking of putting them on an epiphone firebird, dunno if that’ll work but the footprint is similar to the mini humbuckers

I was trying to post just the photo but ended up linking the whole thread. Anyhoo, you got a cool red n black devil gal there!

I love this guitar. I’m inspired to make something cool from a 51xx. I love that half black/half red one you posted a few years ago. It might not have been real.

Cool...and there's always someone looking to buy the DA2000s.

– NJBob

Yeah....ME! I just found one, but I need another.

Cool. Looks like a winner. Also love Vince’s.

Congrats. That was my first Gretsch. Great guitar, and those pickups are fantastic. I sometimes wish I still had that guitar again.

Wow, great mods. It must sound killer w/ the T-Armonds. Back in the summer, the local GC had a clean one in red at a decent price but I had just bought another guitar and was tapped.

Vince Ray... Is the headstock binding painted on or the real thing? Love it

I was trying to post just the photo but ended up linking the whole thread. Anyhoo, you got a cool red n black devil gal there!

– Vince_Ray

Vince, did you ever make this or is it a photoshop job.

Register Sign in to join the conversation