Modern Gretsch Guitars

Australian postcode 6120 is Falcon. Should we petition the govt?

In response to the thread about what Falcons are called - white or not - I thought about what I call my favourite Gretsch. And I call it my 6120. Now where I live in Australia a postcode (zipcode) is 4 digits. The first digit indicates which state - 2 is NSW, 3 Victoria, and where I live it's 6 - Western Australia. So 6000 is Perth, the capital, and anything else starting with 6 will be within a few thousand kilometres - Western Australia is a big place.

So it got me thinking that 6120 sounded like a local postcode. I looked it up. Yup - it's about an hour's drive south of me in a place called Falcon. FALCON!! No colour is stated.

So I'm thinking that maybe we should petition the government to rename that area Nashville. I have been through Falcon - I don't recall ever having stopped there. It's one of those paces which is on the way to somewhere else. I have been to the place you guys call Nashville in Tennessee. Falcon here is different. Maybe changing the name to Nashville will give it the kick it needs?

Go big or go home. Maybe go for it all and rename it Gretschtown.

I'm betting the sunsets are a special kind of Orange, there.

Much better to change Falcon’s zip code to 6136. It’d still be locale-correct and cooler

I did check what place had 6136 and it hasn't been assigned to anywhere yet. I live in 6008 - any good Gretsches have that number?

And yes, if you have suspect eye sight the sunsets are indeed orange. Or if your eyes are boringly accurate they are reddish-pink. Close enough to orange I say.

What about 7594? My falcon’s a pre Fender mod Gretsch....

I did check what place had 6136 and it hasn't been assigned to anywhere yet. I live in 6008 - any good Gretsches have that number?

And yes, if you have suspect eye sight the sunsets are indeed orange. Or if your eyes are boringly accurate they are reddish-pink. Close enough to orange I say.

– JimmyR

Per our registry, 6008 is the Gretsch Wayfarer under other flattop acoustics.

I'm betting the sunsets are a special kind of Orange, there.

– Suprdave

The Orange postcode is 2800 as it is located in New South Wales. And their sunsets could be orange as they are viewed looking across the guts of Australia.

Coincidentally, there is a town not far from Orange (which shares the same postcode of 2800) called Nashdale.

We should always petition the government, as often and as annoyingly as possible. For anything! Preferably for mutually contradictory things. Make trouble.

For this, get Chris Cheney involved. He’s a Gretschite and should have some clout there.

Whenever 'Australia' and 'Falcon' are in the same sentence, this is all I can see-

The very first family car I was driven around in was a 1960-ish Ford Falcon station wagon. Such a cool car - pale green with a dark green roof. No seat-belts! Because the dashboard was heavy gauge sheet metal and the steering wheel was rather rigid when my mum hit a gas bottle dropped from a truck while driving she ended up in hospital with head injuries.

I still think that car was one of the coolest looking Fords of all time. I'm not generally much of an American car fan (sorry!) but the early 60s Falcons are so cool.

BTW I remember watching Torque on the ABC way back in the 70s. Perter Wherrett was a very interesting fella and an excellent car reviewer. Liked to dress up in women's clothes, too.

I want to get my hands on a ford Falcon truck....Ranchero......and convert it to electric....

My poor old 2006 Black Falcon is likely to be written-off after a six-foot grasshopper jumped in front of it early Monday morning...Happened only five clicks from home too.

Register Sign in to join the conversation