Modern Gretsch Guitars

Are nameless pickups on a 2004 G6122-59 Nashville Classic actual ha…

Hello,

I'm about to acquire one, but some say those pickups were designed by TVJ but built by Gretsch instead of the TV Jones stock on all subsequent years (after Gretsch reacquired the "Country Gentleman" designation.) On that 2004 Nashville Classic/Country Gent, pickups bear no inscription.

Thank you for your input!

Pic's of pickups, front and back, would help.

This is a picture provided by the seller, no picture of the inside yet Link

I can't make the link work, but wouldn't the pickups on this guitar simply be the standard Gretsch "high-sensitive" filtertrons? These were designed by Tom, but not built by him.

Not sure about the neck pickup but the bridge one looks like a Blacktop filtertron.

The bridge pickup is the Plus HT that was used (I believe) by Gretsch only on this model. So, the question is whether it was a TV Jones model pickup or whether it was built by Gretsch.

The Gretsch Guitars website from April 2004 shows the guitar as containing TV Jones pickups. If you use the Wayback Machine, you can see this.

So, you have genuine TV Jones pickups in that guitar.

(By the way, the neck pickup is the TV Jones Super'tron pickup.)

That's exactly what I was looking for... didn't think of the wayback machine. A great big thank you!

I knew someone was smarter than me. Thanks, RickyBob.

I knew someone was smarter than me.

Shoot, that's the beginning (and probably the end) of wisdom right there. Every time I learn how stupid I've been, I feel a little smarter.

I have a 2003 and there is no name on the cover. if you pull the pickups out they will have the TVJones labels on them.

Jim

You can notice, that this ones (TVs) have an edgier housing.

I have a 2005 model. Same story- no marking on top but agree with the above comments; TVJ Supertron neck and TVJ Classic Plus bridge. Congrats on choosing a great guitar.

Not sure about the neck pickup but the bridge one looks like a Blacktop filtertron.

– Suprdave

If you look at Chet's guitar in the hall of fame you will se it has the black top. When he had it rewound that was a case they had and that is what they (Ray Buts) used. This guitar is as close as it could be made to Chet's guitar.

Jim

I knew someone was smarter than me.

Shoot, that's the beginning (and probably the end) of wisdom right there. Every time I learn how stupid I've been, I feel a little smarter.

– Proteus

Now that’s perfect!

Register Sign in to join the conversation