Modern Gretsch Guitars

Anyone else waiting on a TruArc?

I've contacted Proteus (Tim) via email but haven't heard back. Ordered a Serpentune in early April

He's probably busy with his other work, which I understand.

I am, patiently. I ordered one (only) a couple of weeks ago. He'll fill the orders as soon as he can. He's battling too much work, broken computers and some other issues.

I e-mailed Tim a few days ago to place an order, but haven't heard back yet. Unusual for him, but he's probably pretty busy.

I ordered a Ti TruArc from Tim a few weeks ago, got it in a couple of days. Excellent and quick service.

Delivery times depend upon the production schedule. If he has some in stock, the order will be filled immediately. However, if there won't be any more produced until several weeks later, then he has to wait until he has some in hand before sending them out.

Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll hear something soon!

Delivery times depend upon the production schedule. If he has some in stock, the order will be filled immediately. However, if there won't be any more produced until several weeks later, then he has to wait until he has some in hand before sending them out.

– Ric12string

Very true but you will find that no matter what the time frame, it will be well worth it. How crazy does it sound that I'm actually thinking about installing one my LP or one(or both) of my MIJ LP clones?

If there's anyone in the UK or EU needing a Tru-Arc I have most common models in stock.

shop.f-holes.co.uk

Very true but you will find that no matter what the time frame, it will be well worth it. How crazy does it sound that I'm actually thinking about installing one my LP or one(or both) of my MIJ LP clones?

– NJDevil

not crazy at all.. here is a set pin bridge using Tim's Serpentine Alum with a B-7 on my Grigsby build.. I did wait quite a while but Tru-arc isnt amazon.com where you think of what you want and it shows up in your lap 45 seconds later complete with tears of factor workers in asia. Tru-Arc, is TWWFHCAM Totally worth waiting for hand crafted american magic! :)

I LOVE that guitar

It could sound like a bag full of cats bouncing down the stairwell and I'd still be all dewy eyed

I talked with the sage of Indiana today. He sez, "Hey", to everyone.

He has been on vacation where there was little or no internet connection. On top of that, his Apple computer has been trying to give up the ghost and he has been trying to get it repaired, but they won't repair it because they can't ever get it to repeat the problem while in Apple's care. (Huh, huh.)

He will be getting onto all of those email inquiries within a few days, if not sooner. So, expect answers to all of your Tru-Arc™ inquiries very soon.

Same Proteus. Lots of fun to talk to. Still tons of work, long-distance travel to work, more work, etc.

Awesome update, Ric. Thanks so much for the research.

I wasn't worried, just curious.

I've heard so many awesome things about the TruArc, and I can't wait to put one on my SSLVO.

Excited!

not crazy at all.. here is a set pin bridge using Tim's Serpentine Alum with a B-7 on my Grigsby build.. I did wait quite a while but Tru-arc isnt amazon.com where you think of what you want and it shows up in your lap 45 seconds later complete with tears of factor workers in asia. Tru-Arc, is TWWFHCAM Totally worth waiting for hand crafted american magic! :)

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™ (actually loves hippies)

amazon.com where you think of what you want and it shows up in your lap 45 seconds later complete with tears of factor workers in asia.>

Dont forget about the mailman!

Here's my 6112 jr with a Tru-Arc Serpentune Titanium. I was going to put one on my Panther also but it didn't sound as good as a Stainless steel bridge on that guitar.

amazon.com where you think of what you want and it shows up in your lap 45 seconds later complete with tears of factor workers in asia.>

Dont forget about the mailman!

– Setzer

amazon isnt using the mailman around here.. I got freaked out the other week when I put an order in sunday night at 2am PST, went to bed and was awaken at 9am in the morning with a plain white van out front and a lady dressed in street closed came and handed me an amazon.com box with my order. next time it might be a drone delivery!

yeah amazons doin same day now

might not be so bad..hey t , i need a moonshine'39 amp for tonights gig…have the drone drop it off on my roof …hahaha

cheers

yeah amazons doin same day now

might not be so bad..hey t , i need a moonshine'39 amp for tonights gig…have the drone drop it off on my roof …hahaha

cheers

– neatone

it could happen but probably on the lawn I have a bad back

amazon isnt using the mailman around here.. I got freaked out the other week when I put an order in sunday night at 2am PST, went to bed and was awaken at 9am in the morning with a plain white van out front and a lady dressed in street closed came and handed me an amazon.com box with my order. next time it might be a drone delivery!

Or it might be the undead. I hear they work cheap.

it could happen but probably on the lawn I have a bad back

im urban..drop it next to the pigeon coop

(pic from ghost dog..great jim jarmusch film with the always amazing forrest whitaker)

cheers

Here's my 6112 jr with a Tru-Arc Serpentune Titanium. I was going to put one on my Panther also but it didn't sound as good as a Stainless steel bridge on that guitar.

– Spider VanTool

I forgot to write about delivery....Tim said it would be 4-6 weeks because of special order for a 2" string spacing but it arrived in 2 weeks! Lucky me.

im urban..drop it next to the pigeon coop

(pic from ghost dog..great jim jarmusch film with the always amazing forrest whitaker)

cheers

– neatone

ok I'll take a break from Longmire(dont ask) to watch Ghost dog..

is he offering gold plating on bridges yet? i haven't checked in a while, always been curious. been a stainless steel guy for years but its not compatible with gold guitars.

ok I'll take a break from Longmire(dont ask) to watch Ghost dog..

Longmire? Walt? A good read I must say… Didn't realize there was a series… Is it good?

So theoretically would it be possible to get a Serpentune Tru-Arc and then pin the bridge on my G6120 FMIC and have it be a done deal - as in no more messing around with floating bridge issues and have proper intonation? I guess I'd be married to one string gauge correct if I had the bridge pinned?

Longmire? Walt? A good read I must say… Didn't realize there was a series… Is it good?

– Thomas

I really enjoyed Longmire (the TV show). It can be a little cheezy at times, but overall pretty fun, good actors, an easy watch.

Register Sign in to join the conversation