Modern Gretsch Guitars

Anyone else have a 6118 LTV?

Not the jaguar tan model, but the 2 tone green. I bought one new several years ago and love it more each day. What a great feature set... nitro, pinned bridge, bigger neck (at least mine is) TV's, all in an annie package. I own other Gretschs' but this is the one I reach for most days.

I used to!

I sold it a few years back and regretted it almost immediately. It was a damn fine guitar. So much so that I just recently bought another Annie, although not the LTV unfortunately.

I love those green Anniversaries. In fact I normally don't give a crap about green guitars, but my favorite Gretsch guitars (looks-wise) are the green Anniversaries and Cadillac green Country Clubs (I own the Country Club). Great guitars, and a great Gretsch look.

The other features on that model sound cool too of course, but aesthetically they are the coolest for me.

Had One Two , Long Gone , But it was Probably The Best Model that Year . I think the LTV in Two Tone Green was a one year thing . Man it had Everything going fore it . I traded it for DC White Falcon , With Floating Bridge . Nice Guitar , Just Felt BIG . The Next I Went Back for the Anny , It Had Sold That Morning !! . Never Seen Another Since

I had one and liked it very much. And the neck on mine was big as well.

Had One Two , Long Gone , But it was Probably The Best Model that Year . I think the LTV in Two Tone Green was a one year thing . Man it had Everything going fore it . I traded it for DC White Falcon , With Floating Bridge . Nice Guitar , Just Felt BIG . The Next I Went Back for the Anny , It Had Sold That Morning !! . Never Seen Another Since

– REJEAN HENRY

mine is an 08 and I think I have seen 06's out there so I think they made them for 3 years, but curious to hear what years others date from.

I'm thinking of getting one of those instead of 2005 6118 that has too thin of a neck for me. Looks like it's not a problem with LTV?

But how's the weight, since it's trestle braced? Is it heavier than a regular 6118? The one I got now has a tone post and is pretty light, maybe just a bit over 7 lbs...

I'm thinking of getting one of those instead of 2005 6118 that has too thin of a neck for me. Looks like it's not a problem with LTV?

But how's the weight, since it's trestle braced? Is it heavier than a regular 6118? The one I got now has a tone post and is pretty light, maybe just a bit over 7 lbs...

– rocksteady

Mine is what i would consider to be pretty light at about 7.4 lbs. Nice chunky neck. You will have to find a used of of course as they are no longer made. Don't be confused as many people refer to the 6118 LTV to be the jaguar tan model with the powertrons in them. That's a different guitar all together. Good luck!

Mine is what i would consider to be pretty light at about 7.4 lbs. Nice chunky neck. You will have to find a used of of course as they are no longer made. Don't be confused as many people refer to the 6118 LTV to be the jaguar tan model with the powertrons in them. That's a different guitar all together. Good luck!

– Blue4Now

Thanks! What would be the good price for a used one you think?

This is the Anniversary model I would want. I would also be happy with a new Players Edition Anniversary.

Thanks! What would be the good price for a used one you think?

– rocksteady

Wish I could help you on this. It's a pretty rare model and I never see them used so I would imagine if you want one you will need to pay the asking price.

Well I saw one used on internet, close to $2000, but the guy says no returns, and I'm very cautious buying guitars that i never had a chance to hold without that option. He says everything is excellent, and the pictures look good, but you know...

Well I saw one used on internet, close to $2000, but the guy says no returns, and I'm very cautious buying guitars that i never had a chance to hold without that option. He says everything is excellent, and the pictures look good, but you know...

– rocksteady

so did you buy it?

Register Sign in to join the conversation