Modern Gretsch Guitars

Any reason I shouldnt buy a Jim dandy?

probably correct on both counts.

Hollerbody, listen to these two videos. I think that you should be able to hear the tonal differences, despite being on a phone or laptop computer. There is greater midrange to the Jim Dandy whereas the G9531 has a broader tonal spectrum.

Hollerbody, listen to these two videos. I think that you should be able to hear the tonal differences, despite being on a phone or laptop computer. There is greater midrange to the Jim Dandy whereas the G9531 has a broader tonal spectrum.

– Ric12string

Thanks Ric this thread is actually 3 years old. A gentlemen resurrected it asking how to restring one a Jim dandy
Thanks you for the insight though. I had ordered one from MF and ups was kind enough to heavily damage it so I sent it back.

By golly, you are right. I hadn't noticed that. Nonetheless, it might be good to have that comparison and the information about the guitars here as a repository of Gretsch guitar information in case someone searches in Google.

In that video the Jim Dandy sounds like a toy guitar.

In that video the Jim Dandy sounds like a toy guitar.

– BuddyHollywood

Steve, that is why I said that, if a G9531 or G9521 were available, that would be the distinct preference and that there would be no reason to buy a Jim Dandy.

Register Sign in to join the conversation