Gretsch Garage Sale

For Sale: Gretsch 6118-T 125th Anniversary $1600 USD

This beauty is up on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/192... I don't want to go below $1600 US, but for GDP members in the US and Canada, we can deal direct and I'll include shipping in the price. PayPal is good for me, but cheque or money order is fine too. Easiest thing is to see the description on eBay; all the details are there. If someone doesn't want the treble bleed, I can remove it before shipping.

I saw this one on Kijiji. It never occurred to me it could be you! Love the mods: treble bleed, TV Jones Classics, and the mud switch cap swap.

I saw this one on Kijiji. It never occurred to me it could be you! Love the mods: treble bleed, TV Jones Classics, and the mud switch cap swap.

– Daddy Dog

Guilty as charged.

This is the second one of these you've owned and moved on, right? I know because I bought the first one you had!

I thought about selling mine as well a few weeks back, but reconsidered. I swapped the powertrons out of the one I have now as well and put in a Magntatron bridge and a T-90 neck. I put it back to stock in preparation to sell it (removed my treble bleed, too). After that was done, I started playing it a bit and decided that the original electronics somehow sounded "right" in that guitar. Now I've sold the replacement pickups and have been enjoying the guitar as is for a while (strange, because I had initially found the Powetrtons too muddy and dark for my tastes).

We are a funny bunch with gear--I have owned a few pieces of gear (not the same guitar or amp, but the same model) more than once. I find that you can fall out of love with stuff, but sometimes, you fall back in love with it as well. Still, I try not to be a gear hoarder. Right now I've got six guitars, a cheap bass for recording demos, and a few amps. It feels like enough... although I have regretted selling things more than a few times.

Good luck with the sale.

Is the something you want more a certain gold refinned 59 '6120? If it is, I empathize!

Is the something you want more a certain gold refinned 59 '6120? If it is, I empathize!

– reverb11

That goldie is nice, but that's not it. If this happens I'll post.

SOLD locally through another site.

Register Sign in to join the conversation