Modern Gretsch Guitars

ANGD

Almost New Guitar Day -

Thanks to the great staff and a great price at Blues Angel Music in Pensacola, FL, I was able to trade in five guitars and an amp for a beautiful 6120 Eddie Cochran model. It's on order and I feel like a kid at Christmas time.

Thanks to Jacob and Jim - you guys are the best!

[https://www.google.com/sear...]

Can't wait to see pics. Good on ya!

Congrats Hoot!

Looking forward to seeing it!

Almost New Guitar Day -

Thanks to the great staff and a great price at Blues Angel Music in Pensacola, FL, I was able to trade in five guitars and an amp for a beautiful 6120 Eddie Cochran model. It's on order and I feel like a kid at Christmas time.

Thanks to Jacob and Jim - you guys are the best!

[https://www.google.com/sear...]

– Hoot Owl

That picture... Isn't that the drummer for Spinal Tap?

That picture... Isn't that the drummer for Spinal Tap?

– Tartan Phantom

Yup, just before he spontaneously combusted.

Congrats, Regular Dave!

Congrats, Dave! Can't wait for pics of your new axe!

Congrats, Dave... although I think a better trade would have been had if you had thrown in 50 lbs of crawfish boudin and some red beans & rice...

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing it.

I just got lucky! These folks were good to deal with and they know Joe, who has been to their events in the past.

And, most importantly, no Gretsch guitars went on the chopping block. My trade ins were all nice instruments, but I needed to make some room in the herd!

Rob, I'll bring you some good Cajun grub next time. Maybe something to compete with your world famous beans!

Very cool, Hoot Owl! It's hard to let go of the things that brought you joy, but it sounds like you had fun, and got a good deal on a great new guitar!

Wade, I just read your profile and learned that you also have a 5422TG. Mine is a beautiful guitar and a joy to play. I strung it with flat wounds so I can play more of the mellowish, jazz-ish kind of tunes. It sounds like we have many of the same musical tastes as well.

Hope to meet you some day!

Sorry to hijack my own thread!

What a great win-win story. Thanks for sharing. You're gonna like your new EC!

Register Sign in to join the conversation