Modern Gretsch Guitars

93 White Falcon for sale

No affiliation with the seller, sale or guitar; just passin' along an ad posted from British Columbia that the seller states is a mint condition WF. Assuming the seller was willing to ship it south over the border, with the exchange rate still heavily favoring a US buyer, this would be a nice pickup for someone always wanting a WF.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-guit...

Fifty dollars shy of three thousand dollars? Is that a good price? I have the same model and I paid $2,450 brand spanking new.

I know that model - the Baldwin style 7593 - is no longer being made, but three grand seems a lot.

I agree. I also have the same model White Falcon that I bought brand spanking new for $2,700 a few years ago.

Great guitar, but this one seems a tad pricey!

This is Canadian Dollars I assume.

Yeah assuming that's the Canadian price, you'd save over $700 buying it from USA.

you realize thats just over 2,200 USD right?

you realize thats just over 2,200 USD right?

– paul pigat

Why don't Canadians use the same monetary system that Americans use? You guys use our language, why not use our dollars and cents system?

If it is $2,200 then I suppose that's a decent price for a model that can no longer be bought new.

At today's exchange rate of .76, it reduces the price by $708.....and that's based on the asking price! The fact the seller says "...or best offer" automatically means he'll take a discount so the purchase price would realistically be no greater than $2000. For a mint Falcon that seems like a pretty good price to me, which is the reason I posted this thread.

Would someone try to explain to me how my OP didn't make it stunningly clear that the guitar is in Canada and there exists, but apparently not to one member that there is a thing known as the exchange rate which is a currency conversion. I didn't do the math in my posting as most folks know to do that themselves to see what the savings would be on their own 'best offer'.

BTW, Canada wouldn't want the US monetary system. Our own system isn't broke and doesn't need fixing. We are the US' biggest trading partner and import daily an incredible amount of both goods and services. We don't need to import your currency too.

Dave, for anyone looking at your first post with an average amount of attention (which often doesn't seem to be hip these days) it's clear the guitar is in Canada.

Oh, and re: post #7: I wonder why you guys in the U.S. just don't use the good old Pound Sterling. I mean... You speak their language...

Why don't Canadians use the same monetary system that Americans use? You guys use our language, why not use our dollars and cents system?

If it is $2,200 then I suppose that's a decent price for a model that can no longer be bought new.

– Spiritwalker

see, i knew you had a good sense of humour!!

Dave, for anyone looking at your first post with an average amount of attention (which often doesn't seem to be hip these days) it's clear the guitar is in Canada.

Oh, and re: post #7: I wonder why you guys in the U.S. just don't use the good old Pound Sterling. I mean... You speak their language...

– sascha

Touche

I thought it was in England, a town called Columbia, making it about $3132.16

with an average amount of attention it's clear the guitar is in Canada.

Come on, that's not true. I clicked on the link, looked at the pictures of the guitar and saw $ in the ad. Sorry, I didn't look at the address of something I wasn't going to buy. A cursory look at that ad with the glaring dollar sign would make anyone think America.

Kijiji, unlike Craigslist is a Canada only website and a 'cursory look' at the location on the ad says Kelowna, BC and a Canadian postal code. The banner at the top of the page says British Columbia. Plenty of clues pointing to the guitar being in Canada, meaning the automatic next step for an American in particular, is to convert the Canadian dollar to the American dollar via the myriad of websites that do that with the up to the minute exchange rate.

Sascha's comment refers to the original post, not the listing.

The original post makes reference to a seller from British Columbia, shipping south of the border and exchange rates in relation to a US buyer. I'm no lawyer, but that looks like 'beyond reasonable doubt' it's a Canadian sale.

The link also clearly shows .ca as the TLD.

A) British Columbia can mean either England or Colombia.

B) the .ca suffix can mean California.

C) Kijiji sounds like it is coming from Japan. After all, White Falcons are manufactured in Japan.

To conclude, there is no "beyond reasonable doubt" that it is a Canadian sale.

A) British Columbia can mean either England or Colombia.

B) the .ca suffix can mean California.

C) Kijiji sounds like it is coming from Japan. After all, White Falcons are manufactured in Japan.

To conclude, there is no "beyond reasonable doubt" that it is a Canadian sale.

– Spiritwalker

This has to be satire. The alternative is beyond reasonable.

Either way, I'm laughing so hard right now.

You have the potential to be a World class wind-up, if you could only find a map.

– Spiritwalker

Canadian oneness with the USA extends only as far as commentary on the US' political system.Currency,spelling,tax rates,sports,beer,et cetera are quite different.

This has to be satire. The alternative is beyond reasonable.

Either way, I'm laughing so hard right now.

You have the potential to be a World class wind-up, if you could only find a map.

– ade

Given the previous long drawn out post, the alternative is in fact solidly reasonable. The continuing attempts to justify an unjustifiable line of uneducated reasoning reminds me of the old adage: "Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

when i see guitars for sale in canada, i assume the asking price is in euros.

For everyone's edification, tongue in cheek or otherwise, we here in Canada relish in the rest of the world's lack of knowledge about our country.

Register Sign in to join the conversation