Modern Gretsch Guitars

6122-62 incoming

1999 pre-FMIC, but with TV Classics installed. I had a 1994 in this exact configuration, but sold it when we bought our house 11 years ago. Man, I’ve missed it. The pickups, alone, sold me, but I like that it doesn’t have the mutes.

Nice ride, send a pic when it arrives

Nice ride, send a pic when it arrives

– 949Norm

Thanks, Norm...will do!

Very nice & totally agree about the mutes. Congrats.

Congrats. That's a beauty. It'll sound great w/ TVJ Classics.

Beautiful! I had a '64 and having the dam mutes didn't add to my visual enjoyment of the guitar. This looks so much cleaner!! Show us a pic when it arrives!

Love the mutes even though I never use them. More bells and whistles to bewilder non-Gretsch players.

Like tossing an anchor over the side when running a speedboat. They probably bewilder everyone, including Gretsch players. They always were a WTF contraption the moment they came out! Someone even had to write a song so they could get used!!!

Love the mutes even though I never use them. More bells and whistles to bewilder non-Gretsch players.

– Ric12string

Wow, that’s pretty. I might be in the minority, but I think that is my favorite Gretsch color. They had another one on Reverb that had a TV SuperTron in the neck, which was intriguing, but I’ll wait until I go for the ‘59 Gent next year, for that combo.

Just got it. The back pad is rough, but for $1400, I ain’t complaining. Sounds great....just like I remember!

Cool! I've only had the later reissues with the mutes.

I'm on my 3rd currently... Great guitars.

Congrats Mark,cool geet sir!

Windsordave, actually TWO songs were written that the mutes were used on in the original recordings: 'Mrs. Brown You Have a Lovely Daughter" and "Nashville Cats"

Windsordave, actually TWO songs were written that the mutes were used on in the original recordings: 'Mrs. Brown You Have a Lovely Daughter" and "Nashville Cats"

– ewkewk

Right you are! Been so long since I heard that one I'd forgotten about it. Still not in justified territory though.

Register Sign in to join the conversation