Modern Gretsch Guitars

6122-62 incoming

1999 pre-FMIC, but with TV Classics installed. I had a 1994 in this exact configuration, but sold it when we bought our house 11 years ago. Man, I’ve missed it. The pickups, alone, sold me, but I like that it doesn’t have the mutes.

Nice ride, send a pic when it arrives

Nice ride, send a pic when it arrives

– 949Norm

Thanks, Norm...will do!

Very nice & totally agree about the mutes. Congrats.

Congrats. That's a beauty. It'll sound great w/ TVJ Classics.

Beautiful! I had a '64 and having the dam mutes didn't add to my visual enjoyment of the guitar. This looks so much cleaner!! Show us a pic when it arrives!

Love the mutes even though I never use them. More bells and whistles to bewilder non-Gretsch players.

Like tossing an anchor over the side when running a speedboat. They probably bewilder everyone, including Gretsch players. They always were a WTF contraption the moment they came out! Someone even had to write a song so they could get used!!!

Love the mutes even though I never use them. More bells and whistles to bewilder non-Gretsch players.

– Ric12string

Wow, that’s pretty. I might be in the minority, but I think that is my favorite Gretsch color. They had another one on Reverb that had a TV SuperTron in the neck, which was intriguing, but I’ll wait until I go for the ‘59 Gent next year, for that combo.

Just got it. The back pad is rough, but for $1400, I ain’t complaining. Sounds great....just like I remember!

Cool! I've only had the later reissues with the mutes.

I'm on my 3rd currently... Great guitars.

Good buy, enjoy it !

Congrats Mark,cool geet sir!

Windsordave, actually TWO songs were written that the mutes were used on in the original recordings: 'Mrs. Brown You Have a Lovely Daughter" and "Nashville Cats"

Windsordave, actually TWO songs were written that the mutes were used on in the original recordings: 'Mrs. Brown You Have a Lovely Daughter" and "Nashville Cats"

– ewkewk

Right you are! Been so long since I heard that one I'd forgotten about it. Still not in justified territory though.

Register Sign in to join the conversation