Modern Gretsch Guitars

6120 CGP for sale in Toronto

Here's the CGP Jason referred to in the other thread. A good price for a Canuck....a hell of a price for an American!! Only a ~ 2 hour drive from Buffalo. No affiliation with guitar or seller. Not many of these were made.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-gui...

Oh snap! I'll message them to see if they'll ship to US!

It says it has a scratch on the back but doesn't show a pic of it. That's my only concern right now.

It says it has a scratch on the back but doesn't show a pic of it. That's my only concern right now.

– Mark Nason

Then they removed the picture of the back. It was there a week or more ago. It was a deep, long, nasty scratch.

If I was buying the guitar to play, I would look at the scratch only as a negotiating tool. Most important to me is how does it play and sound.

That does seem to be a very decent price.

The seller said the gouge is about 6” long and pretty deep. I spoke to him last weekend. No affiliation. I called him to talk about another guitar he was selling.

If I was buying the guitar to play, I would look at the scratch only as a negotiating tool. Most important to me is how does it play and sound.

That does seem to be a very decent price.

– Richard Hudson

I agree completely Richard, seeing as how the scratch is on the back! On the front or the top side facing me when I play would bother me but on the back, no way. I think his price is based on that deep gouge but there still may be some negotiating available. I think though, that would have to be in person with cash in hand. I'd just get my luthier to fix it up. She can do wonders!

Register Sign in to join the conversation