Meet & Greet

South Jersey Get-Together March 2020

Curt's hangs lower.

And I didn't say that.

Great seeing everyone... Sorry you missed it Fred and Grumpy!

Thank you Crowbone for putting together this event at such an awesome venue!

Lets do it again soon!

Thank you guys for your over-the-top hospitality. I greatly appreciate all of the kindness and accommodations.

Great to see everyone that made it out. Thanks for putting this together. Looking forward to the next one.

Looks like a fun time had by all, I was so close to making this trip I could taste the BBQ and smell the tubes cooking some tolex. Good for everyone that made the get together

– crowbone

What a perfect combination this was! Played thru this unit all day, it covered many clams!

A bunch of happy Gretsch folks in that photo! Glad y'all had fun. How couldn't ya?

For those who braved the frigid 60 degree weather, it was definitely worth the trek.

Thanks to all who came, hung out, played, talked, ate and drank together.

All of you who couldn't make it due to your dog having Corona virus, etc, probably better that you stayed home and didn't bring down whatever you were carrying. See you when we're all healthier.

Luckily, we were able to sustain ourselves on a smattering of BBQ, tacos, coffee, Bourbon, Chocolate Death pie that Frequent Flyer 909 brought up from Baltimore, beers from Zigracer in Connecticut, and cheese steaks and Pizza from Ralph's... right across the street...or we would have starved. Thank you Goldy, for passage into Smoke BBQ...a tasty retreat!

Guitars a plenty plugged into plenty of amps with some really interesting cabinet combinations.

Many of the guitars were there for show...well not really, but they didn't get played. I have a short video of Zigracer playing Wichita Lineman that I can't load here for some reason. He gave us a lesson in playing my favorite song. Metman's Carbronita was great to hear and look at, too bad that I didn't get to play it.

Charlie Vegas and his daughter stopped by for a couple hours and played while waiting for a wedding reception to attend...got to play a bit with a bunch of you.

The studio itself is a loud room, and of course, we played too loud. Next time(if there is one) they have sound baffles for the amps that can attenuate really well...I found out about these after the event.

NJBob had the No-caster hooked up wirelessly, and provided confusion at times when it was being played outside of the studio! Haha.

CcJaxson, and his wife Janet on drums, broke the ice at the show and it didn't take long for people to join in. Goldy, Metman, Cool, and a few others all had a spin with CC and his tunes.

Curt, Pat Miraflor, AlPep, JBGretschguy, and Charlie Vagas had a set later in the afternoon, and I got a chance to jump in here and there with folks which was fun as always.

Between Bob Howard, Coop and Janet, we had good coverage on drums, thank you for holding down the beat!

Redrocker and Frequently Flying 909...the two Paul's were demo-ing and swapping amps in the kitchen, where we also distributed the last of the pins that FF909 had from his Balto Roundups. Thanks Paul.

JBGretschguy brought his "amp-werkin" tools with him and made some repairs to Redrockers piece of junk amp that he won't sell me to make it sound better.

Baba Joe came to hang with the crowd. He's looking great, btw. Thanks for making the trip. I'm glad you had a good day for it.

Billy D Light, you were talked about and missed. Everyone who attended sends their best to you and wished you a speedy and full recovery.

Gas money, you were missed as well as the guitar that 57Chet wanted to compare with his '39 against.

Ruger...bring that damned dog next time!

After the event several of us went across the street for some dinner and conversation...and after that just a few went to the bar...you know, 'cause we were thirsty!

It was a really fun time made better by everyone who comes to these things. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who took the time to show.

Oh, and can someone explain how these suppositories are supposed to protect your hearing?

I got ten in me and tinnitus!

For those who braved the frigid 60 degree weather, it was definitely worth the trek.

Thanks to all who came, hung out, played, talked, ate and drank together.

All of you who couldn't make it due to your dog having Corona virus, etc, probably better that you stayed home and didn't bring down whatever you were carrying. See you when we're all healthier.

Luckily, we were able to sustain ourselves on a smattering of BBQ, tacos, coffee, Bourbon, Chocolate Death pie that Frequent Flyer 909 brought up from Baltimore, beers from Zigracer in Connecticut, and cheese steaks and Pizza from Ralph's... right across the street...or we would have starved. Thank you Goldy, for passage into Smoke BBQ...a tasty retreat!

Guitars a plenty plugged into plenty of amps with some really interesting cabinet combinations.

Many of the guitars were there for show...well not really, but they didn't get played. I have a short video of Zigracer playing Wichita Lineman that I can't load here for some reason. He gave us a lesson in playing my favorite song. Metman's Carbronita was great to hear and look at, too bad that I didn't get to play it.

Charlie Vegas and his daughter stopped by for a couple hours and played while waiting for a wedding reception to attend...got to play a bit with a bunch of you.

The studio itself is a loud room, and of course, we played too loud. Next time(if there is one) they have sound baffles for the amps that can attenuate really well...I found out about these after the event.

NJBob had the No-caster hooked up wirelessly, and provided confusion at times when it was being played outside of the studio! Haha.

CcJaxson, and his wife Janet on drums, broke the ice at the show and it didn't take long for people to join in. Goldy, Metman, Cool, and a few others all had a spin with CC and his tunes.

Curt, Pat Miraflor, AlPep, JBGretschguy, and Charlie Vagas had a set later in the afternoon, and I got a chance to jump in here and there with folks which was fun as always.

Between Bob Howard, Coop and Janet, we had good coverage on drums, thank you for holding down the beat!

Redrocker and Frequently Flying 909...the two Paul's were demo-ing and swapping amps in the kitchen, where we also distributed the last of the pins that FF909 had from his Balto Roundups. Thanks Paul.

JBGretschguy brought his "amp-werkin" tools with him and made some repairs to Redrockers piece of junk amp that he won't sell me to make it sound better.

Baba Joe came to hang with the crowd. He's looking great, btw. Thanks for making the trip. I'm glad you had a good day for it.

Billy D Light, you were talked about and missed. Everyone who attended sends their best to you and wished you a speedy and full recovery.

Gas money, you were missed as well as the guitar that 57Chet wanted to compare with his '39 against.

Ruger...bring that damned dog next time!

After the event several of us went across the street for some dinner and conversation...and after that just a few went to the bar...you know, 'cause we were thirsty!

It was a really fun time made better by everyone who comes to these things. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who took the time to show.

– crowbone

If you had only inserted a few more "wherefore's, whither to's and methinks thou art's" this post would have read just like a Proteus gear review.

Glad you folks got together for some great fun.

I wish this weather on the Nashville Roundup...71 degrees at 2:00PM in NJ in March? Wha...?

I wish this weather on the Nashville Roundup...71 degrees at 2:00PM in NJ in March? Wha...?

– crowbone

Just bump it up by 25 degrees, add humidity of 85% or greater, shake well, and you'll have the weather for Nashville this August.

Seriously though, that sounds like incredible weather for the region. Heck, it barely got out of the 50's in middle TN this past Saturday.

Well, we just skated through one of the most mild winters in my memory.

Yeah, I'm really hoping for freakish decent weather in Nashville, this year.

That first one was pretty toasty, too!

“I needed this” was a common refrain on Saturday. I definitely did even though I had a legit reason for not playing for once and left thinking that I got the most out it. However, the fact that others also needed this and probably got as much, if not more, out of it is proof as to how worthwhile these events are. The opportunity to get together with friends (all really good people here) to have a good time over a common interest is priceless. Thanks again to Crowbone for making this happen.

Looks like a great time. Sorry the Canadians couldn't make it down, John. Hopefully next year.

That week flew by faster than any of the previous 52...

I wish we were back at it today.

That week flew by faster than any of the previous 52...

I wish we were back at it today.

– Curt Wilson

Me too!! I wish everybody could be so lucky as to have great friends like you guys.

Register Sign in to join the conversation