Meet & Greet

So who all is coming to the Kansas City Cowtown Roundup?

Thinking of you crowbone, and all will turn out OK.

"Been there" several times in life, and it is frustrating and eats on a person.

Hang in there and hopefully we can meet you in KC

count me in. I've been waiting since it was first announced. :D

brent

ok, guys

3 more weeks and we'll be in Kansas City. so, who's been playing and getting there fingers in "shape" and building up those calluses on your fingers ? I know I'm gonna start tonight. :D

brent

NEWS FLASH!...

Regarding the SPECIAL guest for the Cowtown Roundup...

Now CONFIRMED... the man, the myth, the legend...

Tom "TV" Jones

That's cool.

I was hoping to slip into KC, but will be in Germany instead. I'll compensate by visiting the Beatles clubs in Hamburg.

Joe, that's awesome!

Updated the event page

Hey, great news for you guys that TV Jones will be there. Tom's a good guy and you guys will be able to pick his brain to your heart's content about his pickups and what he has in store for us.

By the way, I had a great conversation with Tom in which he recounted to me the process by which he had become Brian Setzer's luthier. If interested, you might want to ask him about that. It is an interesting story.

By the way, Bax, the KC-style barbecue sounds pretty great!

At the risk of starting a holy war, nobody's barbecue tops KC barbecue.

Hey, great news for you guys that TV Jones will be there. Tom's a good guy and you guys will be able to pick his brain to your heart's content about his pickups and what he has in store for us.

By the way, I had a great conversation with Tom in which he recounted to me the process by which he had become Brian Setzer's luthier. If interested, you might want to ask him about that. It is an interesting story.

– Ric12string

– Ric12string

tonequest report in '06 has a complete interview on that beautiful story that reads like the bible for me ..err uh..for those of us that are grounded in our home towns.

TV being there will be great.

I'm bringing my bone stock 6122-58 to the roundup, and I've got a feeling that I'll be leaving with a Tru-Arc bridge, and a pair of TV's pups, if he brings some to sell.

If he's planning a short "clinic", I would be willing to let the -58 be the "patient" . Of course I plan to pay for these toys, but just saying, if something like that is planned, I'm game.

Whatever works, and I'm just looking forward to getting together.

And...Tom's a very good player. He will fit right in at a Roundup.

Baxter, Which barbecue will we be eating? Is Smokey Joe's close?

I'm a Gates guy myself, but would be willing to try something new.

– David Giarratano

– dgshooter

I just had someone tell me this last Saturday that Gates is the Best. I just might have to try some. :D

Good news about TV...I can have him bring some goodies I've been meaning to order.

And I'm REALLY looking forward to jamming with him. I've heard him play; he's heard me play. We've never had the chance to cross strings.

For me, Gates isn't even close to the best, but it's still pretty damn good.

From what I understand, it'll be Oklahoma Joes, which is really top-notch stuff.

You're all spoiled by competition. All we had in Philly worth a damn was the Rib Crib on Germantown Ave, in Germantown.

KC BBQ is like the Gretsch line up of instruments. What's your "favorite"?????

We have many and I'll eat them all.

I can just see the Roundup now, greasy hands and chins, heartburn city, and a ton of smiles.

Dang, I'm getting hungry 8-o

Yow! Mehopes the toidy ain't gwine be a one-holer!

I'm a Memphis-style barbecue fan myself (Pork), but a good KC beef brisket is really hard to beat.

After meeting at the Cowtown Roundup venue with Baxter and LiRM35 a few weeks ago, Mrs. Fieldhdj and I stopped for a little barbeque. It was at a little family owned joint called Odens Family BBQ. I swear, just about everyone in the place weighed 250 lbs+. I got the burnt brisket ends - just fantastic. Mrs. Fieldhdj reported her ribs were just as good.

There may be a million barbeque joints in that area, but that was one of the best places I've been.

Lookin' like it, Richardelicious. Still tryin' to line up a sub for a pickup bar gig on the 19th, but I think it'll work out.

You think you might be comin'?

I wish I could join you guys. John, if you need anything, call me up! I know you'll land right-side-up!

I can just see the Roundup now, greasy hands and chins, heartburn city, and a ton of smiles.

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

that reminds me, John, I better bring a bottle of TUMS. :D

and with the greasy hands(fingers) you'll be able to play your guitar a little bit faster. ;-)

Register Sign in to join the conversation