Meet & Greet

Save the Dates - Nashville 2018 Roundup

My own $.02 is that the “Nashville Cats” concept is brilliant!

I still have the single on Kama Sutra Records around here someplace. I can still run the B-side down in my head but I don’t think I ever noticed it’s title.

“It started off just stickin’ arooound...”

– tubwompus

Wasn't it Full Measure?

I have that 45 rpm among my records as well.

Bob, that surely does ring a bell! Good on ya bud!

Personally, I'm not feeling the "nashville cats" theme, but the song never meant nuthin' to me either. So take that for whatever it's worth.

I would suggest something with "11", just because it is the 11th year we've done this (in some form or 'nuther), 11 is a kinda-interesting number, and as we go into future years, sticking to an "X annual" is gonna be easier than dreaming up a new theme every year (while still allowing for some special themes as needed).

But that said, I ain't gonna second-guess the organizers on this thing, and that right there is the only reservation you'll see or hear outta me.

Bob, that surely does ring a bell! Good on ya bud!

– tubwompus

This song was a modest hit for the band, but I believe it may have been recorded after Sebastian already left the band. It clearly is not his vocal.

Most of Sebastian's songs tell interesting stories. In fact, he is the ultimate raconteur. He loves to regale you with stories from various times in his life, all of which are very interesting and entertaining. He's a good guy.

Personally, I'm not feeling the "nashville cats" theme, but the song never meant nuthin' to me either. So take that for whatever it's worth.

I would suggest something with "11", just because it is the 11th year we've done this (in some form or 'nuther), 11 is a kinda-interesting number, and as we go into future years, sticking to an "X annual" is gonna be easier than dreaming up a new theme every year (while still allowing for some special themes as needed).

But that said, I ain't gonna second-guess the organizers on this thing, and that right there is the only reservation you'll see or hear outta me.

– Baxter

If you like that theme, Bax, you might want to come out and join us at the California Roundup as it is our theme as well. We would love to have you come back again.

– Baxter

Well we certainly want everybody's input and yours does carry some weight around here, Sir.

I like that idea, as well but I don't want to steal Bob's idea. He's already playing off that theme for the NorCal.

I don't see why the "11" couldn't be incorporated in some way. Bob Howard?

Keep rolling the ideas in folks. Coming up with a theme every year is a challenge but I think it's worth it. I mean, I'm not suggesting we pick a band theme and wear Kiss make up to attend or anything like that. Just makes for an interesting T-Shirt, for the most part. It would be cool to see Crowbone in Gene Simmons full dress.

Can you spit fire, John? (wink)

If "11" is a theme component, then:

Or, my personal favorite..

My take: Bob did "11."

We need not me-too onto Bob's idea. The shirt could, of course, say "11th Annual". But "11" should not be our theme.

Actually, yes. In fact, I burt my little sister eybrows off with one of my trademark fireballs that went rolling up the rafters and hit her in the face while she "safely" viewed me from the steps.

I've given it up ever since witnessing Scotty at the Blue Comet burn his trachea during a drunken night.

Well we certainly want everybody's input and yours does carry some weight around here, Sir.

I like that idea, as well but I don't want to steal Bob's idea. He's already playing off that theme for the NorCal.

I don't see why the "11" couldn't be incorporated in some way. Bob Howard?

Keep rolling the ideas in folks. Coming up with a theme every year is a challenge but I think it's worth it. I mean, I'm not suggesting we pick a band theme and wear Kiss make up to attend or anything like that. Just makes for an interesting T-Shirt, for the most part. It would be cool to see Crowbone in Gene Simmons full dress.

– Suprdave

I've done the KISS theme 40 years ago.

Yeah, and you OWN it. That's a more serious Kiss face than any of the kissers ever managed.

Okay, Paul instead of Gene but I do remember now that you've shared that here before. I was Peter, in my teen Halloween experience with my friends. There were pic's but I have no idea what happened to them.

Ric12string said

If you like that theme, Bax, you might want to come out and join us at the California Roundup as it is our theme as well.

Argh. Didn't know you were using it for NorCal. That'll learn me to pay more attention.

And I'd love to come out for another one -- they really are wonderful -- but I'm a bit thin on days off right now. Maybe next year!

Yeah, and you OWN it. That's a more serious Kiss face than any of the kissers ever managed.

– Proteus

Oh, yeah!

We did a talent show in which we lip synced(sank?) to I Wanna Rock N Roll All Night while we "played giant cardboard guitars we fashioned out of refrigerator boxes, and painted.

I was forbidden to spit fire, but the drummer(who played trash cans, had a mouth filled with stage blood that he got all over the brand new curtain.

People went insane. We laughed our asses off and smashed our "guitars"

Somehow, we didn't win.

Somehow, we didn't win.

There's no justice.

At the Millersport (OH) Sweet Corn Festival (it's a real thing, you can look it up) in 1973 (or so), my band entered the battle of the bands. There were three prizes. We didn't get one. I don't know if it was the Deep Purple/Uriah Heep/originals songlist or our competence. (We had a little.) We carried our white diamond-pleated-naugahyde Conn organ all the way up there for nothing.

My then-girlfriend (now wife) was up for Sweet Corn Queen, and despite being obviously the prettiest girl on the stage, didn't win either. (In the entire history of the festival, dating back to 1948 [per the website], only FOUR girls from our high school almer mater have been chosen. I call township favoritism for sure.)

Like I said, no justice.

Theme?

Sounds like a costume party if you're into those great! How 'bout we hang out and have fun!

Well, yeah, there's that.

New theme: There's four amps right there and beer around the side.

I like beer and amps.....Hey wait....That's the same old theme. Lol

... We hang out and have fun! -- Curt Wilson

That would fit nicely on a T-shirt.

Should I put in the Yuengling order or are you 'cats' drinking milk?

Beer, amps, cats playing Gretsches, more beer. Looking forward to a fun time.

AND "We hang out and have fun!" This is coming together great!

NaTschville Cats
11 years of hanging out and having fun.

Register Sign in to join the conversation