Meet & Greet

Save The Dates — California Gold Rush Roundup

It may be a statement on my life, but honestly, seriously, the Gold Rush Roundup is the funnest thing I do all year. Just pure, unalloyed fun.

Start planning, Proteus. You are always a fun addition to the party.

I am not fun. Don't accuse me of being fun.

I'd love to come, just to depress everyone...and to see them, of course. Catch up. Play good music. Allman Dead sounds good to me.

But man. SO much going on that time of year, lots of travel anyway. Probly cain't afford it.

RickyBob, have you considered hosting your event in the summer next year? Nashville has a narrow window with the 4,300% humidity and them dern ternaders.

RickyBob, have you considered hosting your event in the summer next year? Nashville has a narrow window with the 4,300% humidity and them dern ternaders.

– Curt Wilson

Curt, summer is problematic for us. The venue is used for summer camps all summer long, so we schedule the Roundup in right after the season is over and before they close the place down for the off-season. So, a summer event wouldn't work for us. Besides, while young summer campers are able to tolerate it, the heat would be insufferable in summer for us old dudes!

We are now less than two months out from our California Roundup. I spoke with our camp manager this afternoon, so keep your eyes open for registration information about the event very soon.

Y'all know that this one is our eleventh California Roundup, right?

The 11th? Wow, I think I've only missed 2!

Register Sign in to join the conversation