Meet & Greet

Save The Dates — California Gold Rush Roundup

Okay, let's all get this on our calendars.

The California Gold Rush Roundup will be September 14, 15 & 16, 2018. We will be returning again this year to Camp Lodestar in Wilseyville, California, where we have begun to feel quite at home. Several days of music, guitar ogling, and what has perhaps become the most important part of these Roundups -- the renewal of old friendships and the making of new ones.

This will be our eleventh Roundup. Whodathunk back in 2008 that this would become an annual pilgrimmage into the woods for us? We have had some amazing experiences at our Roundup over these years, so how can we top all of that during the next eleven?

I am hoping that this year we might get some visitors from other parts of the country. We had Lee Erickson out all the way from Minneysota a couple of years ago. Yeah, it is a long drive from the east, but those big things that hang in the sky make it so much quicker. Look into flights now because the fares will only get more expensive as the event draws closer.

So, if you have ideas for how to make the eleventh one the biggest and best yet, I am listening...

Y'all come now, ya hear?

Well, there ya go! You know it is going to be a fun time if Mel Waldorf will be in the house. Just wait until he wins something and all hell breaks loose. It alone will be worth the price of admission.

You can win things? Well maybe I'll go!

You can win things? Well maybe I'll go!

– FritzTheCat

Can I borrow your wife’s guitar pick please?

I'm there! :)

Good work setting this up again, Ric12string (Bob) :)

Can I borrow your wife’s guitar pick please?

– Powdog

You could use his too. He has won quite a few by himself too.

I'm gonna do my best to make it!

I'm gonna do my best to make it!

– Parabar

Ya just got to, Parabar. We need you there. You are the band glue. Plus, you were just sorely missed last year while you were basking in the aroma of sizzling bacon at the Baconfest.

Gonna try to make it. I know I said that the last two years but really, I will.

I'd love to see you there again, Don.

By the way, for anyone flying in, you have two choices: Sacramento or San Francisco. They are similar in driving time to the event. (You could probably also fly into Oakland, but it might be a little longer for you to drive to the Roundup.)

Actually I think Oakland might be a bit faster than SFO.

Henry and I will definitely be there.

Since there's usually a contingent going up from the Bay Area, it would probably be pretty easy for out-of-area people to get rides from the airport. I could fit another person in, I'll bet some others could too. I know it's nice to have a rental car and all, but if that extra bit of hassle is a deal breaker for out-of-towners, there are probably ride options that could be explored.

Ya just got to, Parabar. We need you there. You are the band glue. Plus, you were just sorely missed last year while you were basking in the aroma of sizzling bacon at the Baconfest.

– Ric12string

Fortunately for me, the bacon booths were a sufficient distance from (and/or downwind of) the stage, so I was not bothered at all. Stage was big, sound system was killer, sound crew were skilled and pleasant, so it was a fun gig.

Should I change my name to Elmer? (be vewwy vewwy quiet!)

I think, if you're coming from the east, Reno might be you're best airport destination. Not far away, beautiful drive with your rental over the Carson Pass and you're there.

I'm not sure on my plans for next fall. i really enjoyed the meet up two years ago. It just depends what's going on with my California family.

Lee

Flights into Sacramento and SFO or OAK are much more readily available, and usually less expensive, than flying into Reno.

We'd love to have you come back out and visit us, Lee.

I will make every effort...finally now close enough!

I will make every effort...finally now close enough!

– Twangmeisternyc

You will love the drive to the Roundup over Highway 88. It is quite simply spectacular Alpine landscapes everywhere with lakes seemingly tucked around every corner. We might even rideshare by meeting up in SLT. My car is likely big enough to house all of your gear and mine as well. Let's plan to talk shortly before the Roundup to see what we can work out.

Weekend bump for my fellow Roundup'rs.

Ok... I’m gonna try and make this one.

Here's the logo --- already available! Gotta play some Tap tunes there!

Setzer and I tried a decade ago to get something to stick to this brushed metal face place, but none the less it goes to "11"!

I actually had to separate and glue what I could salvage with a pair of tweezers, the rest of the smaller print, ... arggh ...

... well it's loud!

I thought this was standard.

But they're all set at 1.

Register Sign in to join the conversation