Meet & Greet

Salutations! Fine People of Gretschdom!

Mine is metallic, and depending on the light, looks blue, green or black. Love the heavy chambering and full depth body.

– Powertronman

I prefer that color to the, "kiss me, I'm Irish" Shamrock green. Do you like the armrest?

A comparative Cad green color study.

In the trunk of a Cadillac.

This was before I had the Tru-Arc on the Jet, or the Duane Eddy arm (which is also something you'll need).

When it's not in direct sunlight, the Jet isn't THAT blisteringly green.

Is the DE arm, the spoon handle one? ( never mind - I'm learning how to navigate this site ) - In a flesh colored Caddy no less. Who ARE you?!

I like my comedy rarified. I like my drama well done. I like my tragedy bloody.

Welcome Dan!

I like my comedy rarified. I like my drama well done. I like my tragedy bloody.

Welcome Dan!

– Jimbodiddley

..and my steak, Oedipal. I mean, edible. Thanks! JBD!

Good choice Dan, I just got a new Caddy Green Jet and it’s awesome. It has everything I like on/in it. I am considering a TruArc bridge though.

– Powertronman

Your guitar will thank you.

Welcome to all things Gretsch DP! What style music will you be playing on your new Jet and what are you going to play it through?

Welcome to all things Gretsch DP! What style music will you be playing on your new Jet and what are you going to play it through?

– Windsordave

I plan to play my fingerstyle attempts at chamber folk and baroque pop...yet it swings and is proto-psychedelic. Maybe some Hee-Haw country. I dunno. Beatle-y stuff. Garage surf. I'm not being facetious. I'll make videos.... I have two amps that I daisy chain - a Supro Thunderbolt ( original ) and a Gibson Falcon that's been modified.

Together they are a little slice of heaven.

That's exactly what I play! Except throw in ambient noise Zen freakout space music.

Waltzes too. Lots of waltzes.

I just watched this: Link It sure didn't help my G.R.A.S.S.

Here's CW's complete version of that opening instrumental in your link. Nice Gretsch here too! He sure has wonderful laidback style to his playing. You just get caught up in that cool tempo as he transports you to that desert isle.

In your link where he's showing and discussing his recent purchase of a '57 6120, he talks about that Princeton amp. Each to his own, but aside from it's light weight, I think it sounds quite anemic through its 10" speaker. I'd like to hear his Gretsch through at least a 12" if not an Exec.

And speaking of Gretsches and this song, I ran across this stunning instrumental of that song while looking on YouTube. This is a stunning rendition, clean and clear! Try to get that sound on ANY guitar without a Bigsby! His almost continuous use of it here gives a very steel string feel to it. Again, very relaxing to listen to.

There's a version of CW playing this to an old woman ( I think he's near the Mediterranean ) and her response is touching. I was trying to learn the intro recently from his youtube channel where he charmingly mumbles you through it.

Thanks for the cover! I'll check it out. I agree about the larger speaker. Didn't BZ say he preferred 10's because they broke up sooner?

There's a version of CW playing this to an old woman ( I think he's near the Mediterranean ) and her response is touching. I was trying to learn the intro recently from his youtube channel where he charmingly mumbles you through it.

Thanks for the cover! I'll check it out. I agree about the larger speaker. Didn't BZ say he preferred 10's because they broke up sooner?

– DanPatch

I'm into a clean, clear sound only so an amp breaking up isn't my thing. Regarding this tune, the difference between the 6120 through that Princeton and the Duo Jet through the Vox is staggering to me. This song needs a warm, soft tone and the Vox delivers, not the effort the Princeton is producing. Sounds like an old radio picking up a weak signal 70 years ago by comparison!

I'm into a clean, clear sound only so an amp breaking up isn't my thing. Regarding this tune, the difference between the 6120 through that Princeton and the Duo Jet through the Vox is staggering to me. This song needs a warm, soft tone and the Vox delivers, not the effort the Princeton is producing. Sounds like an old radio picking up a weak signal 70 years ago by comparison!

– Windsordave

I'm into the big cleans too. The Vox and the Jet are a glorious match. I can't help but think that C.W. is after the old crappy vibe. Plus, he mentions that it's usually up louder than he could get away with in that little flourescent lit back room. BUT! Here's another beautiful, slightly atypical, application that really pushed me into wanting a T-Armond Jet :

a little too much Strymon for my tastes, though.

..and my steak, Oedipal. I mean, edible. Thanks! JBD!

– DanPatch

LOL, nice. i love people with good puns.

LOL, nice. i love people with good puns.

– macphisto

When he said he liked his tragedy bloody, the mind naturally goes to the ancient Greeks. I lucked out after that... Good to meet you, Macphisto!

Welcome to the pages!

– Matt Vogt

WoW! Is that an original scripty? Thanks for the welcome. "there's no place like home...there's no place like home...there's no pl..."

Greetings, DanPatch!

– Joe Carducci/Gretsch Guitars

b-b-b-b-b-b- THE Joe Carducci ?! The man immortalized in Wildwood videos? Hello Sir!! Say, I'm trying to trade a 4k custom guitar with StreetSounds for a VS'53! Put the screws in for me Joe! Baby needs a new Gretsch!

( I'm reminded of when I requested Eric Carmen as a friend on MySpace, assuming it wasn't actually, but it was really him...so I got to ask him every Raspberries related question I could come up with )

Welcome Dan! i see you already made some friends

Welcome Dan! i see you already made some friends

– jmkoeln

Just wait until I actually have a Gretsch to play. Then you'll see who has friends! ( what was that made for TV movie with Stockard Channing....? )

jmkoeln? THE jmkoeln !?......thank you jm

Welcome aboard. This place is the best. Glad to have you.

WoW! Is that an original scripty? Thanks for the welcome. "there's no place like home...there's no place like home...there's no pl..."

– DanPatch

It’s a ‘15 Red sparkle jet

Register Sign in to join the conversation