Meet & Greet

Philly Guitar Show – Photos (Nov. 11, 2017)

For those who enjoy reliced instruments, here is an upright bass – seriously reliced…..

– senojnad

Thanks for the photo's Dan!

That's just a routine 60s Clipper. Still cool though. You think dealers would know better than to have wrong info showing.

Did ya see many Rickenbacker's?

Did ya see many Rickenbacker's?

– JCHiggy

Yes - both vintage and new, despite the absence of Pick of the Rics.

Fun tour Dan, thanks a lot.

Clipper is common as noted. Super Chet looks okay but is overpriced. Gibson Country Gent is waaaaay overpriced. True, it's a pre-'93 model when the centerblock design was changed to lighten the guitar and correct the weight balance issue and change the square red fret markers to MOP thumbprints, but it certainly isn't an '81....they weren't available quite that soon after Chet came over from Gretsch.

A 1972 Super Chet for $3,250……

– senojnad

That 2006 Country Gentleman is marked as a "Vintage Select" model, something that didn't come along until ten years later. You really have to be careful with the sellers at these shows.

Was this show produced by The Three Amigos?

Wow, quite an amount of very cool Gresches! Thanks for the pix! The Gretsch count has been pretty low in recent years at the vintage show I go to in Holland.

Was this show produced by The Three Amigos? Ric12string

No -- Bee-3 Vintage Guitar Shows. They have been doing the Philly shows for as long as I can remember. They have shows in other cities as well.

The majority of the vendors are OK/good (IMO).

That 2006 Country Gentleman is marked as a "Vintage Select" model, something that didn't come along until ten years later. You really have to be careful with the sellers at these shows. Ric12string

I had not noticed that (even while editing the photos). At the show my reaction was that the Gent was the same as my (2007) Gent so I didn't focus on it.

Sometimes at these shows its pretty easy to experience a bit of sensory overload. There are SO MANY guitars on display that things can start to blend together.... In that mode it can be pretty easy to miss details and, in some cases, miss some great guitars.

Register Sign in to join the conversation